Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Audio Fitter Needed

safcnono

Hi my first time here and I am after advice on audio too.

Hi to everyone first.

Now my audio unit which was unremovable under standard procedures, I had the proper keys and they wouldn't remove it I took it to a ford garage who couldn't remove it, they thought it had been ill fitted. It is the original ford unit.

I had enough of it disconnected the battery and took about it with a large hammer and chisel destroyed the unit but didn't leave a mark on the rest of the dash Result in a satisfaction way but a downer in ruined a good stereo. It is now out. My question is do I have to replace it with the exact same model unit or as long as the next unit fits in the hole correct will it wire up and work ok?

I have a 2005 tdci mondeo. Many thanks.

PS. I am going to remove the silly clips which hold the unit in as I don't want a repeat, Will this cause a problem with the unit? Thanks again.

Hi my first time here and I am after advice on audio too.

Hi to everyone first.

Now my audio unit which was unremovable under standard procedures, I had the proper keys and they wouldn't remove it I took it to a ford garage who couldn't remove it, they thought it had been ill fitted. It is the original ford unit.

I had enough of it disconnected the battery and took about it with a large hammer and chisel destroyed the unit but didn't leave a mark on the rest of the dash Result in a satisfaction way but a downer in ruined a good stereo. It is now out. My question is do I have to replace it with the exact same model unit or as long as the next unit fits in the hole correct will it wire up and work ok?

I have a 2005 tdci mondeo. Many thanks.

PS. I am going to remove the silly clips which hold the unit in as I don't want a repeat, Will this cause a problem with the unit? Thanks again.

You will need to purchase a wiring loom, which you can get from Halfords.

It depends on the stereo you want to fit, either single (Will require a single din holder) or double din will fit (though sometimes you need to modify the area first, as not all double dins fit).

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Danny

can i ask have you got the unit fitted yet. I have been looking at this stereo myself with the DAB module. is it any good what is the sound quality like, the standard Sony has great sound and range do not want to loose quality just for DVD and BT streaming.

Hi Chris

Yes got it fitted by mas audio in Northampton deff get the dab audio as am and fm are not great but plug in a usb key or dvd and its fab.

Just a quick question.

On your new unit does it do as stated and keep the wheel controls and converse link working?