Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Snowflake

StanH

I have had a gold snowflake showing on the dash all day. Obviously it is a low temp warning but I can't find anything about it in the handbook. Does it change to red if the temp goes to freezing?

Stan

yep its a warning for cold weather, amber is 4c or less, it will go red when it gets to minus

isnns.jpg

• Like 2

I was asking a similar question yesterday. Appears depends on your ford as if like mine it will just stay Amber when it goes past 0 - I thought it was a fault but others report the same.

As above 4.5 degrees or above its off 4 degrees down to 0 amber 0 or lower it beeps and goes red to be honest when you walk out yhe door and freeze youre nuts off you know it might be icy lol

Mine even beeps at 4 degrees which is downright annoying when the temperature is just on the cusp of 4 degrees like it was this morning; sounded like a drunken gerbil with clogs on staggering across a xylophone :).

• Like 1

yeah mine does it too the roads i drive it will be off then beep at 4 degrees then at the top of the hill its just above 4 so its off then on again lol

You can turn the beep off.. its on the menu of the indicator stalk. Its called 'chime'.

Noticed this morning that temps were down to 3 degrees but there was no sign of the snowflake on the cluster?

Have I managed to disable this somehow while playing with my ELM327 kit?

I find these Amber and Red lights really annoying, seeing a red warning light out of the corner of my eye whilst driving always makes me think something is wrong with the car!

I turned my chime off, I fell flat on my face on the way to the car, sadly the chime in my car was a little late!

it's annoying when the temp is 5 degrees it keeping bonging when the temp changes by one degree.

Yes guys that is the (snowflake lol!) frost warning light as I call it. Basically as others have said it goes amber at 4 degrees and red at the 0 or the minus.

I think its purpose (well my explanation lol!) is that its just warns the driver of if its cold enough for frosty or icy roads so take care when driving basically.

• 4 years later...

Shows me red snow flake and its 40° Celsius. 

Why is that? 

is it showing the temperature in numbers?  do other things still work fine like the blue main beam light, and the indicator warning lamps and does handbrake light go off when releasing handbrake.  I ask because all those things (and more ) are controlled by the MS Canbus and when there is a break in the MS canbus due to dodgy connectors then you get the red snowflake, accompanied by the other stuff I mention not behaving right.  This based on my experience of a mk2.5 2008 focus.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club