Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Personalised Registration Or Not?

Barryh1988

Got a lovely white ST3 on 64 plate.

And as my name is Barry I've seen a few plates around with BAZ on them for reasonable prices.

Are they worth it or keep the original plate?

See a like personal plates but grudge paying lol

Keep the 64 til March then change to the personal plate ;) that's what I'm doing!

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

• Like 1

I have a personalised plate at the moment and it's getting sold with my car, the new car is going to be on its original plates.

People DO treat personalised plates differently, if I'd have known this before I got it I'd never have got it.

The number of people drive too close, and try stupid manoeuvres around you is unbelievable! It's a cross between contempt and treating my car like an L reg (my personal plate starts with an L), never again would I even consider one!

• Like 1

Well the 2 plates I've seen are both around the same price

Option 1 - A dateless one BAZ 8185

Option 2 - ST64 BAZ

I guess the 1st wouldn't loose value if I come to sell it in the future but option 2 looks better as it keeps the original reg date.

Or take the easy route and not bother with one and keep the original!

I just bought FA57 F YA, just waiting for the dvla to send my v5 back

im waiting for 'st3 tom' to come avaliable

It'll be ST03 TOM, the ST prefix is already out though. I went after MM11 LER basically my first initial and surname, DVLA auction was a reserve or £7k ill wait till I can afford a 458 to warrant that. OT yes go for it, quite a cool thing to have and doesn't lose money bar the fees.

I considered it with my first car. A Mk2 Punto. However, I soon established that if I wanted a personal looking reg, I'd be better off changing my name to W624 KNA.

I considered it with my first car. A Mk2 Punto. However, I soon established that if I wanted a personal looking reg, I'd be better off changing my name to W624 KNA.

Bought a private plate for my fez, made it look so much more classy IMO. My names Tommy and I bought T6MHY for £250 haha.

I also agree, leave it till March!

• Like 1

I love my cherished plate, saves me changing my work parking permit when I get a new car ;)

Had a guy at work comment on how good condition my fiesta was considering the age of the number plate (M) on my brand new Fiesta. Most people dont have a clue or care about cherished plates.

I don't have any issues from other motorists.

Probably cheaper to change your name by deedpoll to match your plate. ;)

I'm debating getting MS51DNE as my surnames Misseldine.. £499 though, might just get one with initials on though. No one take that first one ;)

The "major" (you know the type) who lives next door, his wife had a Toyota somethingorother (he has a Lexus) with an S plate (private). I said that's in good nick for a 99. Properly peed off he was. T'was a 2010. Silly sod. Who are they trying to impress?

I would go for the ST64 BAZ, the three character/4 digit combo gets referred to as a pikey plate around here, and due to the fact that there are so many to choose from, tend to be worth bugger all. I have had a 5 series and an MR2 with pikey plates, they just scream out that the owner is too cheap to buy a English plate in my opinion

Sent from my Gen 1 WAP phone

• 2 weeks later...

BenST3 I love it! Worried someone's going to get mine before I have a chance.

Glad I wasn't the only one that looked for that style to have ST and the 64 with a name as well.

I'd say go for it. It makes the car look that extra bit classy and it always puts a smile on my face seeing my initials on the plate. Small things eh!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club