Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Focus 1.6Tdci Problems Help

craig davies

my ford focus is egr valve keeps sticking i have had a brand new egr fitted and still the same its been on a live scan no faults atall there is clouds of black smoke when i take off and wont pick up speed and drinks the disel and other times it just blows a big puff of black smoke out and drives perfect anyone help please also i am losing alot of air from were i have marked in the pic below thi has only just started

post-60778-0-55046100-1417730885_thumb.j

i'd just buy am EGR blanking plate,and blank it off,there is a rubber "O" seal,were you have circled it may need replacing.

The sticking EGR valve is common on the 1.6TDCI and the usual fix is, as Landy39 suggests, to fit a blanking plate. They're cheap and readily available on eBay. Get the stainless steel ones as they are better quality. A trader in Poland does them and ships them very quickly. Took me 10 mins to fit mine.

If you've had sticky EGR syndrome then you may need the manifold cleaning out too.

Has the DPF been done on your vehicle ? Just wondering whether the black cloud is soot ?

• 2 weeks later...

thanks landy iv fixed the air problem it was the 0 seal on the inlet manifold cheers howard i fitted a blanking plate and it doesnt rev above 3000rpm and clouds of black sutt when fitted & its a non dpf model,all to gether its had a new air flow metre new map sensor,2 new egr valves,today i fitted a boost control valve and it seems to be better but still has hesitation wen taking off in first and second seems like somethink sticking and a puff of black sutt then once the turbo kicks in drives perfect

iv had the car on a live scan and there is no fault codes what so ever :(

also sometimes when you restart the car the revs will bounce and the egr will start getting hot untill you unplug the air flow metre or the map sensor and releast the air then plug it back in and it will be perfect again there is no air leaks in any pipes ect turbo is fine

iv also got a vacuum pump here to fit (the metal on which works brakes ect) i think it goes onto the cams so avnt fitted it yet does anyone have any advice on ifits a straight swap or does it need timing ect

the car only has 80,000 miles with one owner i know if somethink daft and just dont know were to turn to next if anyone could give me any advice it would be much appreciated thanks craig

and yes howard there is clouds of black smoke when its not running right but since fitted the boost sensor this has seem to stop up to now another thing is when you go round a corner in second geaar it starts blowing black sutt out untill you put you foot down then it seems to go ok again it feels to me like air i getting traped somewhere