Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What To Do With Old Dpf?

TomsFocus

Hi guys,

As the title says really!

I had planned to gut the old DPF in the future to go along with a power remap when I could afford it. But I've got another car for power (GTi6) and tbh I could do with money towards tyres and tracking for the Focus right now.

So are DPF's worth anything 'used' to be cleaned or refurb'd?

Anyone know what they're worth in scrap?

It's a 1.6 TDCi DPF. Original genuine FoMoCo one with integrated cat.

Cheers

Tom

Advetise it for sale with the plan to gutt it,

Put the idea out there along with the part

To be honest, clogged it's not worth anything... However, if you have a'safe area' that you can jet wash the dpf and the inside in and you could secure all water disposed of at the time and dispose of it 'suitably' you could jet wash it and sell it on eBay for the going rate as sold as seen...

• Like 1

The shape of it means it can't be jetwashed, both ends are bent over on the 1.6 one. :(

Any idea what scrap vslue would be? The cat should be worth a bit!

• Like 1

You would think so, I would say as it's on weight you might get 120? I would remove the cat and sell it separately buy you should be able to cut the exhaust...

• Like 1

Yeah tbh I'm not sure whats in a factory DPF, think there could be precious metals in there as well as the cat. I guess I'll have to ask at the scrappy really, was hoping someone on here might've scrapped one already lol!

Most of us have gutted them or had a dealer replacement done, your the first I know of who has both replaced it and wanted to sell it.

Yeah that's a good point tbh! well I'm hoping to head to the scrap yard Monday so will see how much its worth. If its only £20 I'll probably rethink scrapping it lol!

Taken from passion Ford " Depends on design etc. I scrapped an Audi one in for £60. But the scrap bloke said other ones are worth nothing, like the Mercedes ones. Need to find a proper cat scrapper."

I took one in from a volvo with the same crap engine, got £90 but that was nearly a year ago, so only cost £170 to replace, was just waiting for it to come back with a blown turbo as all the 1.6 tdci/hdi engines do

The dpf is worth so little, in fact it's the cat that's worth something.

I took one in from a volvo with the same crap engine, got £90 but that was nearly a year ago, so only cost £170 to replace, was just waiting for it to come back with a blown turbo as all the 1.6 tdci/hdi engines do

Not quite all of them pop turbos...I saw a DV6 on over 300k miles the other day!!

But £90 would be alright, was that just a normal scrap yard or a specific cat place?

Not quite all of them pop turbos...I saw a DV6 on over 300k miles the other day!!

But £90 would be alright, was that just a normal scrap yard or a specific cat place?

It was a Scrap metal processor in Glastonbury

The shape of it means it can't be jet washed, both ends are bent over on the 1.6 one. :(Any idea what scrap value would be? The cat should be worth a bit!

I'd phone the scrap yard before making the trip mate,

I disposed of a 12 ft. Trampoline frame, old sky dish ;) 4ftx8ft mild steel custom built rabbit cage and 2.5kg of hastily oval plates which were too difficult to mass manufacture egr blanking plates with.

I received €4.75 for my boot full.

I was happy to have cleared up the garden but not too impressed with the money.

So id phone first,

I also paid €50 for a second hand Catalyst before for my old Toyota Levin BZR.

You would think so, I would say as it's on weight you might get 120? I would remove the cat and sell it separately buy you should be able to cut the exhaust...

I wouldn't go cutting i5 unless i had a Tyvek suit and respirator hood, the partial spike of dpf chamber contents is just the same as asbestos
  • Like 1

I've gotta go anyway, try and get an undertray for the Focus as some offroading has completely killed mine lol and need a couple of bits for my GTi6.

Light iron (most of what you took) is worth very little tbh. The money is in aluminium, copper/brass and motors. I used to be a bit of a regular at the scrap yard lol. Only ever scrapped one genuine cat before though, that was for a PD Golf without a DPF and got £40, it was full of oil when the turbo blew.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So finally got round to scrapping this today lol. Got £60 which isn't bad I guess.

Yep 60 in your wallet is better than in theirs!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club