Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Radio Won't Turn After After Changing Battery, 2008 Focus

nezza

Hi,

I have just changed the battery on my Focus 2008. The old battery was dead and it has been a bit iffy for a few months.I would never normally attempt something like this but the car wouldn't start and our Fiat 500 and Fiesta 1.4 wouldn't jump it. Powerpack wouldn't do it either.

Since changing the battery the Sony radio system has not switched on. I have tried disconnecting the battery and leaving for 15 or so mins before reconnecting. I have also checked the fuse in the passenger footwell. The car switches on no problem.

What I was wondering is if there is a fuse behind the unit itself? OR, does anyone else have any ideas/suggestions? I have attached an image from Google showing the model stereo my car is equipped with.

post-60830-0-72743300-1417888102_thumb.j

Many thanks,

Nezza,

Your "Sony radio" is a Bosch/Blaupunkt satnav - Travelpilot FX, if you posted the correct picture.

Not 100% but I think there's a blade fuse on the back of the radio visible when you remove the main quadlock connector .

Your "Sony radio" is a Bosch/Blaupunkt satnav - Travelpilot FX, if you posted the correct picture.

Thanks for pointing this out - everything I am reading about Focus stereos says Sony. I am cluelessd with cars. Amazing I managed to change the battery.

Not 100% but I think there's a blade fuse on the back of the radio visible when you remove the main quadlock connector .

Thank you - I will try and remove the unit and check.

Thanks for both for fast response.

The Travel Pilot FX has a 15A (usually blue in colour) mini-blade fuse in the right part (as viewed from the rear) of the Quadlock connector (the main cable plug) on the rear of the unit.

You will need to unplug the Quadlock connector to gain access to the fuse.

gallery_21712_1080_116410.jpg

• Like 1

The Travel Pilot FX has a 15A (usually blue in colour) mini-blade fuse in the right part (as viewed from the rear) of the Quadlock connector (the main cable plug) on the rear of the unit.

You will need to unplug the Quadlock connector to gain access to the fuse.

gallery_21712_1080_116410.jpg

Thank you for the detailed reply. Am going to attempt this now.

Just thought I would post an update incase anyone else with this problem comes across the thread..

I saw another thread which had details of an extended warranty available on this stereo unit.

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/43755-fx-satnav-non-touch-screen-2009/page-2

I removed my stereo and it appears I have one of the affected units. I have just rang local dealership and they will be phoning me back with more info. Will post an update on here.

Have had the car inspected by local Ford dealer today and they are replacing under the warranty :)

Stereo may take up to three weeks to come in and I am waiting to put the car up for sale but not the end of the world.. worth the wait for a free replacement!

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

FIX!!! 

Please do not send it off for repair at a ridiculous cost! 

If your sat nav unit has died after a period of the battery being dead (especially in the cold) then remove it and bring it inside. Heat it up for 5-10 minutes on top of a radiator until the casing is physically hot. Then go back to the car and plug it in. It worked for me.