buzzbee

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Name: Buzz
  • Ford Model: Mondeo TDCi 130 LX
  • Year: 2005

Posted 13 July 2009 - 11:26 AM

First of all, hi from a newbie

Last week, I bought a Mondeo 2.0 diesel LX 13 on an 04 plate. It comes with the Ford 6000CD in it, but the CD player is problematic, causing CDs to jump on a regular basis.

I would like to replace it. I presume that if I want to keep the remote control function, I would need to replace with a Ford stereo. What’s the best way to go about this. Is it best to let a Ford dealer do it? I know nothing about changing stereos myself, so this is not an option.

If I were to get a different Ford unit, such as the 6000MP3, would that work with the remote control already in the car, or need a different one?

Thanks

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 gaz6076

gaz6076

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
  • Ford Model: Mk5 Fiesta

Posted 13 July 2009 - 02:13 PM

I'm not sure about the remote. I would imagine it would work with any ford 6000 radio in the same way tv remotes work, e.g. Sky+

The radio itself is fairly straight forward to remove but you will need the correct set of radio pins. Once it's out it's just a matter of unpluging the (2?) plugs and the aerial. If your fitting a similar model the plugs will all be the same

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users