Show
Photo
- - - - -

Are Ford tinted windows stick on or genuine tinted glass?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Trav

Trav

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts
  • Ford Model: Ford Fiesta Mk6 Zetec Climate 1.6 TDCI

Posted 13 July 2009 - 12:27 PM

Hi Guys,

I am new to the forum but have owned a couple of Ford Fiesta's in the last 3 years. My current car is a Mk6.5 3dr Fiesta 1.6tdci Zetec Climate with the sports pack, which I absolutely love.

The Dovercourt sticker that is on the back window is peeling away in certain places, and I want to remove it however I am worried that if the tints are stuck on I might pull them away from the glass. I am hoping they are genuine tinted glass but you never know with Fords lol.

Can anyone help?

Cheers

Trav

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 mogwai

mogwai

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 98 posts
  • Ford Model: 2010 Fiesta Titanium 1.6

Posted 13 July 2009 - 01:43 PM

Hi Guys,

I am new to the forum but have owned a couple of Ford Fiesta's in the last 3 years. My current car is a Mk6.5 3dr Fiesta 1.6tdci Zetec Climate with the sports pack, which I absolutely love.

The Dovercourt sticker that is on the back window is peeling away in certain places, and I want to remove it however I am worried that if the tints are stuck on I might pull them away from the glass. I am hoping they are genuine tinted glass but you never know with Fords lol.

Can anyone help?

Cheers

Trav

On my Mk 7 Titanium I would say it is proper tinted glass. I am not sure about your version.

#3 Trav

Trav

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 01:53 PM

On my Mk 7 Titanium I would say it is proper tinted glass. I am not sure about your version.

Thanks for your help,I would imagine it is proper tinted glass as it is factory fitted. Will just have to give it a go and see what happens.

#4 mattyi26

mattyi26

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec S
Posted 13 July 2009 - 06:02 PM

it is tinted glass, whey better than any tint film! :P

#5 Air Hostess

Air Hostess

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts
  • Ford Model: 2008 Fiesta Zetec Climate 1.4i

Posted 13 July 2009 - 06:57 PM

Hi Guys,

Can anyone help?

Cheers

Trav

they are definatly tinted glass not sticky plastic film

#6 poohbear

poohbear

Ford Enthusiast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,003 posts
  • Ford Model: MK7 Fiesta 1.25 Zetec
Posted 13 July 2009 - 07:13 PM

Defo tinted glass!
I would not be impressed if they gave me film. Not that I got it anyway because I didn't read the brochure properly :D

#7 MichellefromEssex

MichellefromEssex

Too much time on the boards

• PipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts
  • Ford Model: Zetec S Mountune
Posted 14 July 2009 - 09:42 AM

If it was film you wouldnt be able to read the dovercourt badge very clearly from the outside unless the film had been placed over the top of the dovercourt badge, if this is the case you wouldnt be able to remove the badge without removing the film - hope you know what I mean lol, I have film, looks just as good as the tint as I had it done recently, I have mountune badge on my rear window the film was placed over the top otherwise the mountune logo would not have been visable.

#8 Trav

Trav

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 10:23 AM

If it was film you wouldnt be able to read the dovercourt badge very clearly from the outside unless the film had been placed over the top of the dovercourt badge, if this is the case you wouldnt be able to remove the badge without removing the film - hope you know what I mean lol, I have film, looks just as good as the tint as I had it done recently, I have mountune badge on my rear window the film was placed over the top otherwise the mountune logo would not have been visable.

Cheers for the help guys, will pull it off and probably order a FOC window sticker to replace it with. :rolleyes:

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users