Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dpf Help

ben goddard

I also had my dpf removed/ re map ... 2 months later its cutting out when putting foot down especially over 3,000 revs

fender change your fuel filter and see if it still cuts out, I'm willing to bet that will solve your issue

robin it sounds like your having a failed regen, this is where you stop the engine while the car is trying to regenerate your dpf, if this happens all the

excess fuel that's used during the regen gets dumped into the sump thinning down your oil, that's why your cars telling you to change your oil.

a good sign of this happening is the engine fan staying on after you switch the engine off.

trac

hi all well did not get the fitter to remap yesterday going again to day as for fender88 yes mine cut out after 3000 rpm as well is there anyone else out there will the same problem and where did you get the job done

Just thought id update everyone on my situation, as i posted the original question about the DPF.

After being told it could cost £1000+ to replace the DPF, i scouted around, and decided to replace the DPF.

It hasn't cost me £1000. its cost me £260.

I had a new part off of eBay for £189 + £10 delivery, and i dropped it off this morning to be fitted by a local garage, and he's charging me £60 to fit and reset the learned values of the DPF.

I did think about getting it removed, but with the new MOT rules, i didn't really want to do that, and telling the insurance company about a remap would probably push my premium up.

the downside is i have to run it up the motorway for 20 mins a week or so.

£60 to fit? Is that just over an hours labour? I reckon he'll regret quoting that quick lol!

Glad I didn't have mine removed as everyone seems to be getting dodgy remaps lol. My replacement has been and still is all good, doesn't regen very often and barely notice when it does! I do at least 2 20 minute 70mph trips in it every week though tbf.

Yeah, i thought that when he quoted me. i was expecting something around £100-£150.

i usually do short trips,

so i decided that every wednesday on my day off, ill be doing a 40 minute journey on the motorway. 20 minutes out, and then 20 back. hoping that should be sufficient to regen it once a week.

UPDATE.

was supposed to have the car back today, and i gave the garage a call, and they said they are waiting for a sensor to come from parts, i assume its the pressure sensor.

He said it broke coming off.

i hope he doesn't think I'm paying for that.

• 2 weeks later...

There aren't any sensors to break... Pressure sensor sits on the battery box and you only remove the pipes to it. Anyway, I guess you've got it back now....so what's the verdict?

there is the pre particulate temp sensor which bolts on to the side of it, mine was damaged when I had my DPF ...... "fixed"

Ah yeah, had forgotten that one, how does anyone break that though? It just screws out and unplugs...I'm fairly clumsy and mines still fine. :lol:

Ah yeah, had forgotten that one, how does anyone break that though? It just screws out and unplugs...I'm fairly clumsy and mines still fine. :lol:

i have no idea how they did it, the engine bay was totally covered in dust so perhaps that had something to do with it, but after they hacked it apart the temp was a steady 200c, new sensor and its fine again

White/grey dust? That'll probably be ash from the DPF. My sensor came out with a furry coating of ash the first time I checked it lol.

Making me wonder if mines still working now lol. Been over a month since I checked for any fault codes etc so may have to again soon lol.

it was a strange red brick colour, damn stuff got everywhere took a good few hours to clean it off an now im completely anal with keeping it look clean!

not sure how they damaged the sensor as they didn't remove it, im guessing whacking around the inside with a hammer must have upset something

see one thing with having it all nice and clean, you can see where all the crap and what not gets about, makes its easier to see things leaking. oh and a induction kit would be right in the firing line for crap spraying through the top vent, probably worth knowing if someone's looking to install one!