Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2004 Fiesta 1.4 TDCi (Mk 6)

Rich Elliott

Hi,

We have a 2004 (04) Fiesta 1.4 TDCi (Ghia, if that makes a difference) and we appear to have some sort of leak from the engine. There is an oily residue (not sure if it's oil or diesel) collecting on the bulkhead behind the engine on the driver's side, just by the pipe which I've been informed is the EGR for the turbo. There are also some small rubber pipes leading into one just next to this pipe. There is a whistling sound when the throttle is pushed more than halfway down and the fuel consumption seems to be particularly high. A work colleague had a short drive today and told me the engine is very down on power, compared to the Fiesta diesels we had on the work fleet a couple of years back. I'm thinking there might be a pinhole in a fuel-related pipe or hose somewhere, although it's entirely possible I'm talking rubbish! Any suggestions would be gratefully appreciated, as Ford require £75 plus VAT before they'll tell me what's wrong.

Rich

Hi,

We have a 2004 (04) Fiesta 1.4 TDCi (Ghia, if that makes a difference) and we appear to have some sort of leak from the engine. There is an oily residue (not sure if it's oil or diesel) collecting on the bulkhead behind the engine on the driver's side, just by the pipe which I've been informed is the EGR for the turbo. There are also some small rubber pipes leading into one just next to this pipe. There is a whistling sound when the throttle is pushed more than halfway down and the fuel consumption seems to be particularly high. A work colleague had a short drive today and told me the engine is very down on power, compared to the Fiesta diesels we had on the work fleet a couple of years back. I'm thinking there might be a pinhole in a fuel-related pipe or hose somewhere, although it's entirely possible I'm talking rubbish! Any suggestions would be gratefully appreciated, as Ford require £75 plus VAT before they'll tell me what's wrong.

Rich

have search around here and other forums its a know problem its leaking diesel from the injector seals :-(

the whistle sound is a big clue, first thing to look at would be for a split in the any of the pipes which fits onto the egr valve. if this is split the symptons would be a loss of power and poss black smoke. it could also spit out an oiley film from the pipe.

Hi mate the vacuum pipe that goes to the egr valve mat have a split in it? easy to replace and you can buy lenths of silicon hose from Halfords etc and just replace after cutting to size...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club