Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mondeo 54 Tdci 130 Wont Start

mondeo_daz

help my mondeo wont start its turning over, had the aa out and the mechanic said that the fault was no pressure in the rail, any advice because some people have said it may be the injector pump, any advice would be greatly appreciated, also if it is the fuel/injector pump i've been told they need coding then told they don't need coding, help as its nightmare going everywhere in the van really need to fix the car :huh:

Hi Have you recently changed the fuel filter or had the fuel pipes loose or off for any reason?

Mondeo's are a pain for not wanting to start after fitting new filters, the reason being is the pressure in the fuel rail is to low and it won't fire. I (although some will say you shouldn't do that) spray easy start up the air pipe and when the engine runs for a few seconds on easy start it corrects the pressure in the rail. also try bleeding no1 and 2 fuel pipe and then easy start.

You can tell if the pump is working fine by loads of fuel squirting out of the injector pipes when you loosen them.

If you haven't had the pump off or anything the coding to it should be fine. If you have to change the pump then yes it will need coding but that's not a difficult job and not to expensive if you shop about.

Good Luck.

PS: If you haven't had any pipes/filters off check for any leaks on the plastic fuel pipes by the filter housing and also the housing itself.