Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Should I Have To Pay?

WAZ91

Hi All,

Last Saturday my battery died and was dead for a few hours before i got a replacement,

Radio now wants the security code and ive looked at the sercurity code card that was with the Handbook and its blank.

Ford want £30 and i have to book it in for a 5 min job! I dont really want to pay this as it should have been provided when i bought the car!

Should i have to pay this? Im going to try and get to my local dealer this weekend, I know all you need is proof I own the car nd they get the code from the ford system so a bit miffed it needs to be booked it although the call centre said it needs a 'reset'

This happend to anyone else?

Pull the radio forward to get the V code off it then search eBay.

Expect to pay a fiver.

I have just found one on eBay that says 99P the reviews are favourable. just a bit tentative trusting them haha

Hello, I was in a similar situation, I purchased a v code of eBay for £6 yesterday and within 10 mins I got the code and all works. If you take the radio out, it might not be a v code and could be a m code. If an m code, you can get this for free from programmes you download or pay 99p of eBay for it.

• Like 1

Cheers for the advice conor ill get it out this weekend

Thats ok, your looking for a code that begins with a v or m and then 6 numbers. Or I think if you hold down 1 and 6 together, the serial number comes up on the last screen. If you pull out radio there is a sticker on top, this is what it looks like and I have circled the serial number.

post-59928-141831678546_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

was this the supplying dealer???

might be worth trying another dealer and with your best chat up voice ask VERY politely if its in the system.

99p vs £30, I know which I'd be trying first!

Give the code a couple of attempts, if it doesn't work then try plan B, if it works then you just saved yourself £29.01p!

• Like 1

So i had the V code and decided to give a guy on eBay a go. £11.99 later and i have a fully functioning radio!!!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club