Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Petrol Light

EzzyRallyBoy

The handbook doesn't say when the petrol light comes on, is it at a 1/4 tank full left, 2 gallons, 1 gallon ??

What experiences have you all had ??

Like greenymk7 said, mine comes on at 50 miles remaining which seems to be about 1/8th of a tank, based on the dial. If you've got the warning chimes on it'll chime every time you start the car.

Will this be the same for a mark 4 fiesta too??

Ok ta so do you get more miles from full to half way (needle on the gauge) or from half way to empty or are they about equal ?? (I know this depends on shape of tank etc, but just wondering - ta

Ok ta so do you get more miles from full to half way (needle on the gauge) or from half way to empty or are they about equal ?? (I know this depends on shape of tank etc, but just wondering - ta

Mk 6.5 Petrol light comes on with 50 miles left on the range meter. If I stop and start up again and the range meter goes back above 50 the light goes off again, so it goes off the range meter not the gauge.

Seems pretty even to me, average about 50 miles per 1/8th of tank.

Only unevenness would be when you have just filled up and you have some fuel in the filler pipe, then the gauge doesn't move from full for a few miles.

MK4 is about 16 miles...my MK5 was 16 so presume they are the same.

Mk7 is 50.

Does the Mk 4 even have one? Its never shown itself on my Fiesta and a relative ran out of fuel totally without seeing a light (admittedly that doesn't prove there wasn't a light....).

Mine comes on when there's 50 miles left in the tank.

The handbook doesn't say when the petrol light comes on, is it at a 1/4 tank full left, 2 gallons, 1 gallon ??

The petrol light and the audible alarm if set comes on when there is approx 30 miles of fuel left in the tank.

I only realised the other day that there was no quarter of tank mark and that it was just the red, so your guage will read, red - half full, 3/4 full and full.

My car was delivered with exactly 1/4 of a tank of petrol - & the petrol warning light on! Petrol light hasn't come on since - as the tank hasn't been below 1/3rd full. Hope this is helpful!

Mine comes on when it's about half way between a quarter and empty. However the miles to go till you run out does go down very quickly!

50 miles left mine came on. I filled it up again at 30 odd miles left tonight. It got to £37 on the pump before the pump cut out!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club