Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hid Question

Clarky2013

Put in 4300k HID's into the ST to try them last week. Great improvement but maybe a slight issue with them. I've noticed when looking at the bulbs from outside the car, one side is slightly whiter than the other. It's not majorly different but now ive seen it I can't stop noticing. Is this because the beams are angled differently due to passenger side being higher than drivers, and because HIDS are much brighter it's easier to notice. Anyone else with HIDS can look at there's and see for me?

Cheers

It could just be the angle. Get someone else to make minute adjustments while you look from where you seen them being slightly off.

Have you got the full HID conversion kit or just changed over the bulbs from standard to HID?

Could be a few things, my first thought is the angle. Second would be the light covers themselves, are they as clean as each other? I had that issues a few years back and thought it was the lights but was just a bit of grime on one.

When you are driving do they sit at the same point on the road on a very dark night?

Apart from that, could be a power issue (although unlikely).

I guess it could be the angle. Maybe you could see a difference in the light colour by looking at how the light shines on a wall or other cars, if you can see a difference in colour that way then you know it's not the angle.

thanks for the responses guys. Im gonna swap the bubs round from the full HID Kit to see if it makes any difference

Ended up being a faulty hid bulb. Supplier sent me another and now both sides match. Weird bit all sorted now

I had to reset my projector light hight manually after installing the HID Kit, they were way to low, now they work 100% very glad I got them, ps. I went for the 6000k they are still very white with a touch of blue, aren't the 4300k still a bit yellow?

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

Can I ask how you aligned them manually?

yeah 4300k is slightly yellow/ white, its the OEM look I wanted, also it matches the DRL strip better than pure white.

There's lots of instructional clips on YouTube how to set them, but basically the yellow screws on the rear of the lights are used to set them, you can use an Allen key or screwdriver

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club