Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta 2014 Drl

Winther85

My Fiesta is borned with the black headlights with h15 DRL. I just installed a set of headlights from a Titanium with LED DRL. But the LEDs is dim in position "0" and on position "1" and "2" they are sharp. It should be just the opposite.

What could be wrong?

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

I would imagine the car needs reprogramming, so it knows you have LED DRLs.

It will still be trying to operate the halogen DRLs.

+1 to the above. Needs ford to reprogramme it into the ecu. The car with halogen usually has sidelights so they take full power on "1" and "2" that's why they sharpen up.

• Like 1

have any of you tried to reprogram them? sidelight, what do you mean by that? in Denmark where I come from, there is no light on the side.

We use the term sidelight to describe the 501 bulb on position "1" with the halogen type

• Like 1

Ahhh okay but when you turn on the sidelights the DRL h15 turns off.

Yeh exactly....., the led drl acts as a sidelight aswell on them units, so when you put the switch to "1" and give the sidelights power the car thinks it has halogen DRL and activates the 501 bulb, but with the led unit you've fitted it brightens the led strip.

It needs reprogramming with fords machine that's all

Okay. I'll try with the Ford computer tomorrow. I hope its easy

It's straight forward from what I've heard, they just need to tell the car what units are fitted.

okay. I wonder if it is in the vehicle configuration that needs to change.

I reprogrammed it to day. But now the LED is sharp in every position. There is no light in the headlights when I open the doors. There is still backlights on when the doors is open.

So maybe thats not posible

Can anyone help?

Someone on another forum, who works at a dealership tried this a long time ago and couldn't get them to work, it's possible the looms are different on higher spec cars with LEDs or that headlamps with LEDs are wired differently internally.

Are you able to look at the plugs for your headlights and a car with LEDs as they might use different wire locations or more/less wires.

I've looked at the wiring at Ford ETIS website and they are the same.

Do you have a link that website?

It's on fiestaSTOC but you would need to pay to be a member to see the thread, that's if I could find it.

See if this helps, it's a US site where the guy fitted euro LED headlamps, shows the differences between LED and normal lights, he says the wiring looms are the same though.

http://www.fiestast.org/forum/fiesta-st-appearance/587-eurospec-projector-lights-led-drl.html

• 1 month later...

The LEDS are on all the time, they dim when the dipped beam or main beam are on, if just the LEDs are on, when you indicate that side also dims.

Do you think it could be a few crossed wires in the connector cause a slightly different loom or headlight wiring ?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club