Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mountune Red/black Edition Re-Map Imminent!!

cgooderham94

Apologies to all if I shouldn't have started a new topic here (I'm a newbie to this forum).

Anyway! I got on to Mountune today to see if and when they will be offering re-maps to the 140ps red/black models. I also asked the old chestnut 'are there actually any mechanical differences between 125ps and 140ps models'. Here's the conversation for you guys to read...

"The mechanical power train changes to the edition models over the standard 125ps variant are to the transmission gear set/final drive ratio.

We will be offering an upgrade suitable for 140ps variants in the new year – But no details are currently available.

When they are available details of new upgrades / components will be published on our Facebook page & websites www.mountunestore.com www.mountune.com - You may also wish to subscribe to our newsletter which can be found at the bottom of the www.mountune.com homepage and the details will be sent directly to your inbox as soon as they are released.

Best regards

Doug Lague

Technical Support Engineer

Mountune"

So if there really is a re-map coming, will anyone be into buying it?? I'm interested now!!

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

I really hope not, I think It would be interesting to see how much they can squeeze out of their three pot.

150/160 at a real push maybe?

Well pumaspeed and other company's are already upto 180bhp with new turbo etc etc so it is possible.

Mountune Will do it but like I said it will more than likely be in a year or so atleast. It will also be an MR kit and not MP so won't keep warranty anyway.

If you want more power quicker, go with collins performances stage 2 when they release it next year 👍

If it was an update to the mp135 ( that takes that and the red/black to more HP) then yes it probably will be MR. But if it's a new map just for the 140ps model it would probably be MP as long as ford are ok with the results.

Mountune Performance (warranty friendly)

Mountune Racing (non warranty friendly)

MP = Mountune Performance = warranty approved

MR = Moutune Racing = no warranty approval

Perhaps mountune has always had the map to go beyond 140 but ford haven't allowed the release until the new higher powered ecoboost has been sold? That would explain why the increase for the 125 engine was so limited.

More than likely mountune could of got 140 like collins performance and pumaspeed etc but ford probli held them back a touch knowing they were gonna bring a 140 out.

Mountune will definately get bigger gains like the rest of them but as I said before it will more than likely be an MR kit and will require more than just a remap.

At ford fair I was next to ken ( Mountune USA) who said that on the ST part of the reason the next kit is MR is due to ford being worried about the transmission so won't warranty it he next upgrade, if the 140 has uprated transmission parts then maybe Mountune can now go further with it.

But yes ford won't let Mountune sell a warrantied part that out performs their own model, for less outlay.

But yes ford won't let Mountune sell a warrantied part that out performs their own model, for less outlay.

Just on the end there the mp135 already out performs Ford's own black/red edition .... Isn't the

mp135 0-60 in 8.5s? And

Ford's 140 editions 0-60 in 9s?

Torque on mp135 is 158.8lb/ft at 3,250rpm

On the editions its 155lb/ft at 2,000rpm

Yeah I think your right there, which proves that the 140ps has room to be tweaked...

There's something weird about those stats, I just don't believe that the gearing is so diiferent..

Must be mate obv Ford has kept eco in mind as torque is 1k less than mp135