Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

What A Historic Mark...

Ianb

Those with somewhat 'current affairs' or 'political interest' may have read in the news that allegations of murder, torture etc against British soldiers have been found to be false... How much did proving this cost us; the tax payer? £31m!!! Or for those that like seeing numbers that's £31,000,000...

Interesting enough how if you got a bit peeved with a neighbour and took them to court and lost, you'd be looking at footing the bill... Well why aren't the geniuses that fronted the accusations being asked for a cheque???

Anyway, soldiers were found to have mistreated some of the detainees, but not on purpose...how did they mistreat them? Well, here are some examples:

•" They should not have been deprived of sleep before they were questioned or SHOUTED at during interrogation

It also described as "ill treatment" an interrogator banging a tent peg on a table and walking around a blindfolded detainee blowing on the back of his neck."

Heaven forbid I get captured by the British forces and someone 'shouts at me!' Or blows on the back of my neck.... I mean those sound like pretty horrific techniques... Do they mean to say that if I was lucky enough to survive taking potshots at soldiers I might be subjected to neck blowing and or shouting? Outrageous!!!

Sent via carrier pigeon using Ford OC

Unsure why they care to be honest. The iraqi army had a habit of abducting the better looking women for uday, sadaams son, if they didn't perform well enough for him they got fed to his lions. Think a bit of torture is quite good for them tbf. Worked well for the empire in the old tower yonks ago lol

True torture as an interrogation method isn't all that effective.

A lot of the techniques described above rely on mental pressure to trip a detainee up when questioned.

You start ripping fingernails out, breaking fingers etc and the victim is likely to say whatever the interregator wants.

As someone half jokingly pointed out during my time at Dartmouth: "No point in anyone torturing RFA for information. We're just mushrooms!"

(Take the start of the Gulf War...RFA Ships received orders via Sky News)

As you said Sean, the old days stuff was not massively effective... If they know something they'll spill it, but if not they'll spill whatever they think you want...

...however what was described is; as you said, mental pressure... If members of the interrogating team cannot shout, bang their fists, or indeed 'blow on someone's neck' (how the **** that even became something to moan about idk!!) then what is next? Sit down, give the bloke a cuppa, ask him politely..

Sent via carrier pigeon using Ford OC

Its a sign of Liberalism taking over. Its destroying our culture, our beliefs and our way of life. Next they will be saying the Taliban murdered those children in Pakistan because their parents shouted at them when the were children and people should understand how much that hurt their feelings.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club