Do Not Sell My Personal Information

*noise* - Does Your Ka Does The Same?

KA08

Hi everyone!

I just bought a Ford KA (Duratec) with 21000 miles on the clock. Next week, I'll send her for a full service. I noticed a weird noise that I need to address to the mechanic. I will appreciate if you guys could help me find the source of this noise.

Once the engine is warm, the noise disappears. I noticed that it comes from under the car. When I open the bonnet, I can't hear anything. The noise is like "chak chak chak!" lol

Hope you guys can help me :)

Thanks a lot!

rQwJS.jpg Powered by VideoBam - Free Video Hosting

Not sure if you have had no replies because people cant get the link yo work, each time I try it it defaults to adverts then fires up advert pages and jams up my ipad!

However, from your description it could be the water pump, ours has been doing it for last three years without issue. Quitens down when engine is hotter. If you get a long screwdriver or metal pole and put it on different parts of the engine and your ear to the other end, you might be able to tell where it's coming from better.

Not sure if you have had no replies because people cant get the link yo work, each time I try it it defaults to adverts then fires up advert pages and jams up my ipad!

However, from your description it could be the water pump, ours has been doing it for last three years without issue. Quitens down when engine is hotter. If you get a long screwdriver or metal pole and put it on different parts of the engine and your ear to the other end, you might be able to tell where it's coming from better.

Thanks a lot for your reply. Much appreciated :)

I will upload the video again and it should be ok this time....

Hi, Here is an updated video.... You will notice that the noise comes from under the car and does like "chak chak chak....." :)

View My Video

yes, it's a similar noise that our Stretka makes which I was told was wear in the water pump., although you can hear this with the bonnet open, but could be down to different positioning of the water pump possibly on the bigger engines. Ours has done it for last 3yrs and 10k miles not got any worse to be honest.