Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Paint Spraying Or Powder Coating For Alloy Refurb?

salsheikh

Guys,

what is the recommendation with regards to wheel refurbishment?

Is it better to get it spray painted or powder coated?

What sort of price should I be paying?

Any recommended companies around Nuneaton/Coventry area?

Thanks

• Like 1

Guys,

what is the recommendation with regards to wheel refurbishment?

Is it better to get it spray painted or powder coated?

What sort of price should I be paying?

Any recommended companies around Nuneaton/Coventry area?

Thanks

Hi Sal , i had mine sprayed , its cheaper & you have choice of colour. My mate does awesome job painting job . Did mine for £90 for 4 rims. But he's in Dewsbury.

Yunii

Id say powder coating,

It smooth out hard like enamel and fills any imperfections more resilient to stone chiping aswell,

Pretty sure there's a wide range of choice in coloir with powder coating aswell,

No chance of runs neither as its electro static powder then places in a Klein oven.

Regardless of which way you go mate,

Make sure you fit tyres with a rim protective sidewall such as Avon ZV5's

thanks for the advice Yunii but its too far to travel to get it done - it would be a double trip, once to drop off and once to collect. I'll ask a local painter for a price.

Thanks for the input Lenny, funnily enough ive just seen wheeler dealers where they powder coated some wheels for an aston martin db7 - chrome black. looked ace but it was £65 per wheel - ouch!

I've got some Jade R alloys for the Focus....finally. Wanted some Rota GTR's but they are too expensive.

• Like 1

thanks for the advice Yunii but its too far to travel to get it done - it would be a double trip, once to drop off and once to collect. I'll ask a local painter for a price.

Courier?

Ive had refurbed powdr coating st170 wheels costing £55 a corner inc valve balanced .mss alloys morley leeds.

Yunii

• Like 1

I considered getting my Oz's refurbished and powder coated last winter but decided against it in the end.

Having seen some examples of powder coating recently on a motorbike frame it just looks too thick a coating if you know what I mean and in some applications I feel you'll lose a bit of definition that you wouldn't if spray painting. Gloopy was a good word for describing it.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club