Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Upgraded Org. Sat Nav Unit, Now No Bluetooth & Usb Connection

ssd1984

And also I forgot do you know how to connect a rear view camera to the display is it the green connector or does it connect in the main loom plug

6 minutes ago, Ben.s said:

And also I forgot do you know how to connect a rear view camera to the display is it the green connector or does it connect in the main loom plug

What year is your car?

On 15/05/2017 at 4:56 PM, Victory said:

What year is your car?

My car is 2014 and it has a green plug on display unit mfd  that's where it should connect

The green 4-pin connecter at the back of the FCDIM is indeed for the reverse camera. This 4-pin connector is a Rosenberger HSD connector. 

Older FCDIM types did have a more common Fakra connector for the reverse camera.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,
I'm trying to change my Sony radio system (with 9 Speakers and 4.2 inch display, Sync, USB, AUX and emergency call) with a OEM Sony Navigation system, on my Ford Focus Titanium 2014. 
I looked over eBay, and for the moment there is no complete system available for sale. So I guess I have to buy all parts separatelly.
I read all the posts until now, I got a lot of helpfull information, but I still have some questions, if anybody can answer.

First: regarding the 5 inch navi display. On one post there was the info about order  of AM5T-18B955- Dx, BM5T- 8B955- Dx, EM5T- 8B955- Dx. There is another code F1BT - 8B955- Dx. What is this one? Where does it fit: is this refering to non Sony navi and the others to Sony navi, or has nothing to do with it?

Second: for the moment I didn't check my radio unit code so I do not know the code, but is there any special code needed for the upper display codes? I found a lot of BM5T - 18C815 - xx codes. Until now I only undestood that BM5T - 18C815 - XM/XN/XF is DAB radio. What is the difference between these DAB codes?
Can I use a BM5T - 18C815 - GF/GM/GN/DG/HN/NJ with this displays? Also there is a code F1BT - 18C815 -xx radio. What is this one (once again non branded radio)?

Third: as I said, the car has emergency call option in case of accident, which is based on GPS location. So I guess I should have a gps antenna. Is this the same used for navigation? What connector is used for navigation on the display? In this case a new harness is necessary from display to radio (or better Sync module) as I have to move the connector from the current location to the display. 

Fourth: just putting everything togheter will work automatically? There is no need to write in the central config anything? I would expect at least to change some settings with foccus (display type, radio or navi, so on...).
I understood that system works also without the sony navi buttons. But will the 5 inch screen fit with the old facia for 4.2 inch screen? I know that the edges of the screen will not be seen because of the 4.2 inch frame, but could I use the old facia until I find the navi facia?
The system works without the big display in the instrument cluster (the one which also displays directions during navi is activated and a small car in rest)? I only have the small one.

I know there are a lot of questions (and a lot to read :) ). 
Thank you for taking the time to read the post and to answer if you know some answers.

You basically only need the following parts:

* 5 Inch display (FCDIM) with SD slot. The prefix of the part number must be the same as the currently installed display.

* SD-card with maps. 

* Facia for the 5 Inch FCDIM.

* Control panel with Satnav buttons (standard or SONY branded).

* GPS antenna.

* Fakra cable between the FCDIM and ACM.

* Wires for satnav audio between the FCDIM and ACM.

The ACM (Audio Control Module) itself is the same and does not need to be changed. The Satnav functions are fully integrated into the FCDIM. This is basically a standalone system from the ACM.

Emergency Assistance uses the GPSM module. This module is only used for Emergency Assistance. Satnav uses a different GPS antenna that is integrated into the antenna base on top of the roof. To retrofit the original GPS antenna the antenna base and antenna cables need to be changed. Installing an aftermarket GPS antenna with Fakra connector is much easier and a lot cheaper.

After all parts are fitted the system needs to be configured by changing the settings of the Central Car Configuration. If not configured correctly the 5 Inch FCDIM will still be recognised as a 4.2 Inch FCDIM and the Satnav functionality will be missing.

The 5 Inch FCDIM does not fit in the 4 inch facia. 

• Like 2

Thank you for the really fast replay.

Sounds quite good. Better than what I was expecting before starting to read this thread :)

Now the hunt begins :)

At the moment the navi control I could find only on eBay.de and costs 300€. More than for the navi display.

Another question just came to my mind.

A facia for non branded 5 inch display can be used so that the control buttons panel is replaced with the sony control buttons panel? Or they come in pairs? Is there a code for the whole assembly or only separate codes for frame and control buttons?

Thank you!

On 6/3/2017 at 1:58 PM, James Blond said:

Another question just came to my mind.

A facia for non branded 5 inch display can be used so that the control buttons panel is replaced with the sony control buttons panel? Or they come in pairs? Is there a code for the whole assembly or only separate codes for frame and control buttons?

Thank you!

the non branded cannot have the sony branded put in the surround if thats what you mean as they have different cut outs.

non branded is this one http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/311868288968?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

the sony one is very very hard to find.

Then I have to search only for Sony :).

I saw that both the control panel and the frame are very difficult to find. :(

Did anybody see live a Ford Kuga with this Sony control panel. Is it the same? I found some on eBay. In the picture is shown with the air vents and I'm curious if the control panel can be removed from the frame just like for Focus and if it is the same. The part code for one is CV4T-18K811-TA and another is AM5T-18K811-TA

For this control panel it matters if it is from 2011 and my car is 2014, or if it has Sync or not?

Thank you all for all the great infos

s-l300.jpg

Edited by James Blond
Added another car part number

• 3 weeks later...

So i have a 2014 st3 with sync 1 what part number screen and Sony unit would I need? Once I get these bits would it just be a case of fitting and adding the wires for it all to work?

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I finally managed to get all parts for Sony navi retrofit. Unfortunately I could not find a complete system. I got the display from England (~250 €), the frame and control panel from Russia (~200€) and the fakra AM/FM cable I bought as original spare part (15 €). The two wires for the navi sound I made them myself.

Not cheap at all. I guess JW1982 you are the only one so lucky to get everything at 25€ :tongue:

The display has quite some rust on the display edge, but I managed to remove it, so it looks good.

For the moment I'm still missing the FD map cards for western and eastern Europe, but I tested it with a friend's card. I could find the 2017 maps with ranges between 45 and 100 €. I do not know if the one at 45 € is original or a cloned one.

Somebody told me that if the card is not original after some time (~ 3 months) the navi could be blocked. Did you hear anything about that?

Thank you JW1982 and Victory for your help. The info was really helpful.

My costs were above JW's and less than yours.  Ended up paying £100 for display, ACM, panels and extra stuff I didn't need but had to buy (colour matching console etc).  £50 for the 2017 maps.  I also use a second DAB aerial because the ford one is crap.

I need to sell the bits I have left over, but I reckon if I was smart I could make it cost less than £50 all in.

• Like 1

Unfortunately I searched a few weeks on ebay  while researching for needed part numbers.

For the display with part number EM5T (which fitted my old display) the one I bought was the only one available. Also there was no frame and only one control panel which was 300 € :ohmy:.

Maybe if I would have waited longer other options would appear. But I lost my patience and wanted to finish the retrofit fast  :)

10 hours ago, James Blond said:

Unfortunately I searched a few weeks on ebay  while researching for needed part numbers.

For the display with part number EM5T (which fitted my old display) the one I bought was the only one available. Also there was no frame and only one control panel which was 300 € :ohmy:.

Maybe if I would have waited longer other options would appear. But I lost my patience and wanted to finish the retrofit fast  :)

Haha I know that feeling - I needed an early non-sync screen and generally the whole sync/non-sync thing seems to make all displays crazy rare and expensive.

I'm spending a fortune on a reversing camera next, but it's what we do.  

• Like 1

I'd like that too, but for the moment I do not want to remove the roof or floor on half of the car to get the wires from back to front. Not yet 😆

Just now, James Blond said:

I'd like that too, but for the moment I do not want to remove the roof or floor on half of the car to get the wires from back to front. Not yet 😆

no need to do that at all its very easy.....

Details...

Is there a topic here where the retrofit is described?

I couldn't find it :wacko:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi ! Can anyone help me get the F1BT-18B955-Dx display? I also need cables for APIM ... I can not find them in my country ... Thanks !

On 7/24/2017 at 10:26 PM, James Blond said:

Details...

Is there a topic here where the retrofit is described?

I couldn't find it :wacko:

With Victory's help I'll try and put a photo guide together.

It's long winded just because you need to mess about in 4 different locations (BCM module kick panel, FCDIM/ACM area, tailgate handle and reverse light.  However, it is pretty easy, and the wiring goes via the door seals.

Currently I've got wiring for reversing camera, dash cam rear and additional DAB aerial all running down the passenger side

I did write a guide for @vibeone in this post, im sure if you need a bit more info one of us can add too it.

Victory,  I don't know if the pin guide was yours or you borrowed it from elsewhere, but that was the most useful bit.  I would expand the section for the location.  Call me stupid, but it took me a while to realise which section of the centre console kick plate you meant.  Also once that was off, there are 2 connectors and the one right next to the gear stick wasn't the right one.  The correct connector was further forward.

Not criticisms, just bits that made me think :)

BTW, I really hate feeding wiring through the rubber things on the tailgate :'@

4 minutes ago, vibeone said:

Victory,  I don't know if the pin guide was yours or you borrowed it from elsewhere, but that was the most useful bit.  I would expand the section for the location.  Call me stupid, but it took me a while to realise which section of the centre console kick plate you meant.  Also once that was off, there are 2 connectors and the one right next to the gear stick wasn't the right one.  The correct connector was further forward.

Not criticisms, just bits that made me think :)

BTW, I really hate feeding wiring through the rubber things on the tailgate :'@

thanks for that, yeah was difficult as i found that kick pane a hassle to get back on so wasn't going take it off to check my memory lol!

pin guide came from the Russian guys and help from @iantt

feeding that wire was an absolute b***h .. worst thing was i had do it twice as i fed it through the wrong way !! 

i update the guide when i get a moment and move it into the guides section.. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Victory said:

thanks for that, yeah was difficult as i found that kick pane a hassle to get back on so wasn't going take it off to check my memory lol!

pin guide came from the Russian guys and help from @iantt

feeding that wire was an absolute b***h .. worst thing was i had do it twice as i fed it through the wrong way !! 

i update the guide when i get a moment and move it into the guides section.. 

I've got a photo of the panel removed and my extended wiring. I'll add it to the correct thread later.

• Like 1

On 8/2/2017 at 4:21 PM, fratello said:

Hi ! Can anyone help me get the F1BT-18B955-Dx display? I also need cables for APIM ... I can not find them in my country ... Thanks !

possibly this one? have no idea if you can have posted to where ever you are ? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/11-16-FORD-FOCUS-MK3-SAT-NAV-NAVIGATION-SCREEN-DISPLAY-F1BT-18B955-DA-/253014709410?hash=item3ae8da14a2:g:ld4AAOSwjk9ZUmos

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club