Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Upgraded Org. Sat Nav Unit, Now No Bluetooth & Usb Connection

ssd1984

Thanks !

"Postage: Doesn't post to Romania"

I am from Romania !

Know somebody if FCDIM F1BT-18B955-DC is proper for using with non-oem reverse camera ?!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys,

I was just surfing through the links saved during search for sat navi retrofit and I found this site: https://www.ucdsys.ru/?page_id=370&lang=en

In the description it says the kit contains " cooling hose with socket ". What is this? Cooling for navi?

Do you have this thing?

Thank you!

Hi ! I'm a newbie here, please forgive my poor english ...
I have a FF MK3 hatchback from 11.2011 , with radio "basic". My VIN : WF0KXXGCBKBU62200
I bought these :
-ACM = BM5T-18C815-GF
-Bluetooth = BM5T-14D212-DC
-FCDIM = F1BT-18B955-DB
-frame
-cable = BK2T-14C007 - AEJ (pictures below )
I need advice ... about how to put all this together for upgrading to Nav and reverse camera !

I have identified all the cables in the APIM plug.I identified the USB cable, the microphone jack, the AUX jack.
Next step = where to connect these wires ??
- 1 APIM (+) - to pin 1 ACM ???
- 37 and 38 APIM (GND) - to pin 13 ACM ???
- 16 and 17 APIM (I_CAN) - to pins 14 and 15 ACM ???
- 53 and 54 APIM (HS CAN) - to similar colour wires in the floor connector ???

IMG_20170901_173942958.jpg

IMG_20170901_174000247.jpg

IMG_20170901_174022786.jpg

IMG_20170901_174044269.jpg

IMG_20170901_174128108.jpg

IMG_20170901_174216939.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

This is full diagram of connections. Maybe is usefull for someone ...

schematic_diagram_of_connections.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

After long searching, I managed to gather all the components I need for upgrading to Sync I my stock base radio on FF MK3 :
-display E1BT-18B955-DA
-radio-cd BM5T-18C815-GN
-bluetooth BM5T-14D212-DC
I made the cable according to the schematic.
I'm ready now to put it in the car ... but I need some answers before that :
-is the schematic (see above) OK ?
-the hole for display cooling "system" is 10 mm diameter ?
-what are the steps to write the new parameters with Focccus ?
-should I watch out for anything special ?
Any other advice is welcome !
Thanks ! Regards !

Based on the (limited) schematics I have of the SYNC 1 system your diagram seems to be correct. However If you want to be 100% sure you need to buy access to the latest schematics on the Ford ETIS website. 1 Hour access costs about €8,-.

However you should be aware of the following:

* You also need the correct SYNC 1 steering wheel control switch and the corresponding steering wheel wiring harnesses.
* On your schematic the MM-CANbus wiring is directly connected to the ACM. This is not correct. The MM-CANbus consists of a network that connects the OBD connector, Instrument Cluster, ACM, FCDIM and APIM. You need to splice your MM-CANbus APIM wiring the correct way into the MM-CANbus network wiring. 
* You need to splice your HS-CANbus APIM wiring the correct way into the HS-CANbus network wiring.
* The APIM module officially has its own ground connection. Connecting the ground wires of the APIM module directly to the ground wires of the ACM can result in interference.
* If your system is configured for Emergency Assistance you either need to install the GPSM module or you have to change the configuration manually (be aware that the correct settings are hard to obtain).
* The High Level audio system has an additional FM/AM antenna with amplifier. The additional FM/AM antenna is integrated into the rear windscreen (Hatchback) or rear left side window (Wagon). When retrofitting the High Level audio system an additional FM/AM antenna must also be installed.

Personally i would not bother about the FCDIM cooling. Most people who retrofit the 5 Inch FCDIM do not even install the FCDIM cooling socket and hose. Some markets (countries) do not even have the FCDIM cooling socket and hose.

After installing the system you need to change the following parameters:

#112 In Car Entertainment  --> 04 High Level Audio System
#113 Voicecontrol  --> 02 With Voicecontrol
#123 Audio Auxiliary Input  --> 02 Witx AUX Input
#124 Audio Player --> 04 Player For 1-CD With MP3
#154 Accessory USB Unit  --> 04 With USB Unit And IPOD Function
#157 bluetooth Handsfree  --> 08 SYNC G1 BT-Phone BT-Audio
#172 Touchscreen  --> 06 With display - No Touchscreen, Colour-TFT, MFD 5
#187 Audio Buttons On Steering Wheel  --> 02 With Audio Buttons In Steering Wheel
#214 Integrated Control panel  --> 05 Navigation ICP 

Some parameters may be the same as your current audio system. 

Thank you so much for the very documented responses !

" You need to splice your MM-CANbus APIM wiring the correct way into the MM-CANbus network wiring.  ". Where can I properly connect  these two wires ??

" Connecting the ground wires of the APIM module directly to the ground wires of the ACM can result in interference " Where can I properly connect this ground wire ?

" additional FM/AM antenna with amplifier " . What is the code for this antenna ? 

Regards !

Edited by fratello
In attach ful diagram of SYNC.

22 minutes ago, fratello said:

" You need to splice your MM-CANbus APIM wiring the correct way into the MM-CANbus network wiring.  ". Where can I properly connect  these two wires ??

You first have to find the MM-CANbus wiring inside the dashboard wiring harness. Next the (twisted) MM CANbus wires from the APIM module can be soldered onto the existing MM-CANbus wires. It is recommended to use a small gas powered soldering Iron. An electric soldering iron can cause damage to CANbus modules (However I never had any problems) When using an electric soldering iron it is recommended to disconnect the battery and earth the wiring before soldering.

" Connecting the ground wires of the APIM module directly to the ground wires of the ACM can result in interference " Where can I properly connect this ground wire ?

The Focus MK3 has several ground connection points. For example behind the side center console cover plates in the footwells.

" additional FM/AM antenna with amplifier " . What is the code for this antenna ? 

The original additional antenna is integrated into the rear window (Hatchback) or rear side window (Wagon). If you want to install the original additional antenna you have to replace the particular window. The additional antenna system also consists of an antenna filter/amplifier and different antenna wiring. Personally I woud just install an aftermarket window antenna or use a Fakra antenna splitter to connect the aditional antenna.

This is the schematic of the old Bluetooth/Voicecontrol system. The old Bluetooth/Voicecontrol system is completely different from the newer 1st generation SYNC system.

Thanks, again :) !

" This is the schematic of the old Bluetooth/Voicecontrol system. The old Bluetooth/Voicecontrol system is completely different from the newer 1st generation SYNC system. "

For my components it's another schematic ??? I "build" my cable according to this schematic (and  the schematic I draw in post above) :(  ...

The schematic you draw is correct.

The link of the schematic you posted is not correct. This schematic is based on the older BVC (Bluetooth/Voicecontrol) system.

Below some schematic drawings I have of the SYNC 1 system:

vGgOhlu.jpg

fBHuPeK.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 5/14/2017 at 1:42 PM, Stu1974 said:

Hello¡

I installed SYNC 1.1 5" screen in My fiesta 2014, but dont know how to connect ACM and Screen to hace NAV Audio.  Please, can you tell me where did you find the pins?

regards

Good Afternoon.

I'm sorry if this has been asked before

I am just in the middle of trying to sort the parts needed for my wifes Focus 13 Plate Zetec S TDCI 2.0 for conversion to navigation.

I have been reading this excellent post regarding the conversion of this and have a question.

The wiring between the screen and the ACM for vehicles that don't have navigation as standard, the pins 6 to 4 and pins 12 to 5. Where do I find the pins to connect into the connector? The wiring is pretty easy to do but I cannot find the pins. Can I buy these?

Any help you can provide will be very much appreciated.

Thankyou.

• 3 months later...

Swapping a SYNC enabled 3.5 inch monochrome screen with the latest EM5T-18B955-DA screen should be fine correct? I bought the AM5T screen with Nav and I lost all functionality for bluetooth etc...

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/braeside/auto-body-parts/ford-focus-st-centre-lcd-display-console-2015/1211334911

• 5 months later...

Hay guys sorry to jump on this old topic, but I seem to have the same problem.

Upgraded my FCDIM unit as @JW1982 did but my one is MFD LOW, so not sure if this will affect it, but all works fine except i cant hear the navigation audio commands.

Is it just the 2 wires I need to add for this to work as described by JW

Has anyone got a picture of this so I can be sure to get the right wire.

As @Typhoonf2 mentioned it's a pain locating a donner car nearby, so i will probably have to message some eBay sellers and a picture would help in describing what I need.

Thanx in advance

Ok I've had no luck trying to source these wires.... anyone know what pin connectors I need so I can make my own

Thanx

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club