Do Not Sell My Personal Information

*that* Noise From The Dash, Should I Do Anything?

HotMagenta

Hi

Complete Ford newbie here, picked up my 59 plate 1.4 (petrol) Titanium a week ago and bit unsure whether to do anything about this noise.

I have had a look on here and seen the videos some have posted. The noise is noticeable when the ignition is off, and I don't think its toooooooo bad, certainly not compared to what I have heard on here. Just concerned about it getting worse. From what I've read it seems to be something to do with a valve and the climate control, and is fixable but an annoying take the dash apart fix, hence most don't want to have to fix it.

I bought it from a Ford Franchise so the car has a three month warranty. I asked the salesman when I went to pick up my mats the other day and he said its 'normal, some just do it' which doesn't strictly seem to be a lie. Just wondering if I should push them to do something about it, or not?

The car has to go into the body shop in Jan anyway. I asked if the car would be in pristine condition when I collected if I bought it, they said yes, and it wasn't. They've done a bad job of painting over some scratches and grazes, and all in they will have it over a week as I am away/not needing the car. They also need to fix the power socket which doesn't work (can't be bothered to look myself or make the boyfriend seeing as it is going in anyway). So really it would be the ideal time if anything should be done. But unless I really, really push I know they will just say its normal and to deal with it.

Thanks in advance for anyone who has a view on what I should do :)

As youve only just bought it, and more than likely it was noisey when they handed it over to you, tell them to fix it, not that difficult of a job , and as they ford franchise they know how fix it.cant see it being an issue.

Its a slightly fiddly job which involves removing a couple of dashboard trim panels and then removing and disassembling the climate sensor unit itself, which may be why garages are reticent to do it. If nothing is done it will probably only get worse if my experience is anything to go by. Its due to a build up of dust on the tiny fan inside the climate sensor unit, which makes the fan not run quite so well balanced, and the buzzing noise is amplified by the dashboard trim. The fan blades simply need cleaning and a bit of grease applying to the shaft. I've done this twice to my one now in the 18 months I've had the car once the noise starts to get distracting. Ford issued a mod which involved the addition of rubber mount about an inch long between the unit and the dashboard vent slot to stop the unit resonating so much. Got the part and applied it to mine and it does help, but the unit still needs cleaning from time to time.

Thanks for the replies. I will send an email later and ask if it can be added to the list for January. They will literally have it from one Thursday evening for a full 10 days, so whilst I can appreciate they might only do sales at weekends that should be plenty of time for what they have to do (I hope!).

I feel as though they must think 'oh no, its her again..!' but if they hadn't had the attitude they do I wouldn't keep going back to them. Basic things, like they forgot to tell me that I don't get mats when I buy a car from them. Couldn't tell me where the mats it came in with were (it was part ex'd) though <_< They ordered me some new ones in as a gesture of goodwill.

I get the impression they thought I wouldn't notice things or wouldn't care/complain to them. I feel a bit bad! But then, I guess this is exactly why I get a three month warranty. And why I paid a higher price and went to a franchise :rolleyes:

Ok firstly dont ever feel bad about complaining secondly , as you've paid good money for what they said would be a pristine car when you took delivery, which clearly wasn't tel them to fix the noisy valve , dont be fobbed off it'll be harder once its out of warranty

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club