Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rear End Sliding Easily?

vibeone

Which tyres did you get out of interest?

Yakka Muckka Slicks :lol:
  • Like 1

Haha yeah some Mazzinis for £40!

Nah.. I got Goodyear efficientgrip performance

£120 a pop (bought 2). You can get them cheaper, but not in town and not yesterday. Kwik fit do them for £110 each with £20 cashback so £200.

I guess you guys know cheaper still but please remember I needed them urgently and didn't want to drive far!!

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Oh and I considered contis but despite what I thought everyone seems to hate them. I love michelin personally but they're generally a hard tyre and I wanted grippy this time!

• Like 1

Ho Chi Min specials

Bought mine from Mr. Cha Ching :lol:

Ok so on another bit of road (not in the video) the car again slid around a corner...

That was yesterday. Today 2 cars in the hedge and field next to the corner!

BUT WAIT - ITS OK GUYZ!! The council appear to have dumped the entire county's grit supply on this one corner immediately after the crash!

Points to note:

Council are crap

I'm probably too harsh on my car - it did at least make the corner!

• Like 1

Lol... I once bought a car on 'LingLong' tyres...always thought it was just a made up name for cheap Chinese tyres before that! :lol:

That's quite expensive, but as you say needed urgently, and I'm guessing you're on 17s being a 2.0? I'm getting a set for mine within the next month (before MOT!). Looking at Dunlop Sport BlueResponse. They're £60 each in my size (205/55/16) which is cheaper than the 15s were on my Peugeot lol. Was kinda hoping you'd bought the Dunlops and could review them in the cold/damp before I get mine fitted haha.

Back on topic, looks like you've solved your problem now then! Or rather the council has lol. They've gritted main routes round our way as well so hopefully shouldn't be too bad now.

• Like 1

Haha I've spent a lot of time looking at a lot of tyres mate!

Not long ago the Dunlop bluresponses were top of the EU markings by a mile. Think the sport responses are the performance version and these line up roughly with Goodyear efficientgrip and EG performance.

Based on very little mileage, the good years are silent - hopefully they stay that way.

One thing I've noticed is that the good years are wayyyyy more curved at the edges than the avons on the front.

I have a personal hatred of the avons but as seen in this thread and elsewhere - plenty of people love them.

For what it's worth - I was going with goodyears or dunlops because overall they seem to get the best reviews.

But all tyres get a slating!

Hope this rambling post helps!

• Like 1

Haha I've spent a lot of time looking at a lot of tyres mate!

Not long ago the Dunlop bluresponses were top of the EU markings by a mile. Think the sport responses are the performance version and these line up roughly with Goodyear efficientgrip and EG performance.

Based on very little mileage, the good years are silent - hopefully they stay that way.

One thing I've noticed is that the good years are wayyyyy more curved at the edges than the avons on the front.

I have a personal hatred of the avons but as seen in this thread and elsewhere - plenty of people love them.

For what it's worth - I was going with goodyears or dunlops because overall they seem to get the best reviews.

But all tyres get a slating!

Hope this rambling post helps!

superb footage from f/r cams what make you using lenny bet you have a wee laugh as you passed that seat i cetainly did after watching the footage f/r. goodyear

took ages for the transit to pass you on double white lines muppets .

just replaced all 4tyres on mine spend ages looking and comparing prices on various online sites goodyear/dunlops both had good write ups

after much deliberation :rolleyes: when for nokia linefrom eiretyres

paul

• Like 1

Lol, yeah I've also done plenty of tyre research! Can never have too many reviews though!

I want something with good wet grip, fuel efficiency and preferably low road noise. Have had Rainsport 2's and 3s on previous cars, which are alright for those things, but are a bit too soft for me. The Dunlops are £4 more than the Rainsports, but should last longer and have a stronger sidewall (so I've read anyway!) so decided that's what I'm going for....I think...

superb footage from f/r cams what make you using lenny bet you have a wee laugh as you passed that seat i cetainly did after watching the footage f/r. goodyear

took ages for the transit to pass you on double white lines muppets .

I've got Avon ZV5's on front and Avon ZZ3's on back set to become ZV5's when due change.

:lol: I was going to roll down window and shout "where did it get ya" but i refrained in fear of skidding then myself within yards from them which would result in a "black hawk down" situation :lol:

Here's my latest guide "fitting stealth dual DVR system"

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/65147-guide-fitting-dual-camera-dvr-system-focus-mk2-mk25/

Lists all items i used aswell as links to sellers,

See the last video on the guide aswell, had i been going hard the truck in the vid would have met me head on :lol:

Last video in the guide linked.

I highly recommend the kit,

However i got stung by customs bill for 22.75 was worth it though.

Also

Having watched the most recent video of MightyCarMods i will no be dubbing the rear DVR Camera as "the chopped Camera" :) all vehicles saw via this camers have been chopped :lol:

Here's the video giving me the idea :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club