4 replies to this topic

#1 Big Bob

Big Bob

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 64 posts
  • Ford Model: 04 Fusion 3 1.4 Durashift

Posted 16 July 2009 - 08:00 PM

Has anyone got info how to check drivers door lock motor?
Haynes is pretty vague as usual, I managed to get the b*****r out eventually, expecting a seperate motor, but it's all one piece.
Central locking won't lock unless drivers door is locked with the key, so I suspect the motor is u/s, but I'd like to check it before I buy a new one. :unsure:

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 Braders

Braders

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
  • Ford Model: Focus ST170
Posted 27 July 2009 - 06:17 PM

my dads also got a focus with the same !Removed! problem except its the passenger door.
havent got a clue whats wrong with it

#3 Big Bob

Big Bob

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 64 posts
  • Ford Model: 04 Fusion 3 1.4 Durashift

Posted 27 July 2009 - 06:48 PM

I have sorted mine by fitting a second hand lock/motor assembly (off eBay, 14.50 inc postage).
It is rather awkward to get the lock out of the door due to it being a complete assembly, lock, motor, connecting rods & internals for the handle but it is do-able, just be gentle with it.

#4 coli

coli

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • Ford Model: suzuki
  • Year: 2011

Posted 28 July 2009 - 05:49 AM

Haynes is pretty vague as usual, I managed to get the b*****r out eventually, expecting a seperate motor, but it's all one piece.
Central locking won't lock unless drivers door is locked with the key, so I suspect the motor is u/s, but I'd like to check it before I buy a new one. :unsure:

#5 coli

coli

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • Ford Model: suzuki
  • Year: 2011

Posted 28 July 2009 - 05:54 AM

you probably need a new lock assy quite common on focus you coul try the other side same plug fitting if you do try that you need to test it with the lock in locked position a new lock is about 90 inc vat

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users