Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Fuse Keeps Blowing

BryzeMo

Hi folks. I seem to have a electrical fault where fuse 22 on my 07 fiesta keeps blowing. This results in me having no front left side light and no rear left tail light. I have changed out the fuse four times now and after a day or two the fuse blows. I have checked the earthing points related to this fuse (e4 and e11) and im getting a good contact.

About a month ago my wifes can was playing up and i used my car a lot to jump start it (her car is now fixed) not sure if this has caused any issues but thought it might be worth mentioning.

Again not sure if this is linked but the motor for adjusting the headlight height inside the front light cluster seems to be operating all on its own as i can hear this when i turn the lights on but without touching the selector (1-4).

Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction on this as its only a matter of time before the police pull me over!!

Many Thanks for the help.

Bryan

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Could be related - if the fuse has blown does the headlight still try to adjust itself?

Would make sense if the headlamp adjuster motor is on the same fuse - if it's continually trying to move the headlight in one direction then the motor will be trying to drive past a hard stop and this could lead to it's fuse blowing - better that than the motor burning out instead.

Hi Troy. Thanks for the info. Will check if the motor runs or not with no fuse. Do u know if there is a way to disconnect these from the circuit? Never use them n thats a cheaper option at the moment as headlight clusters aint cheap!

Thanks

Bryan

Hope it helps.

For disabling the headlamp motors, without seeing the wiring diagram, I expect you could either disconnect whichever cables feed from the switch where it plugs into the dash wiring loom or similar where motor feeds go into each of the headlamps.

I'd go for disconnecting at the dash, but it'd probably be a case of pulling the necessary pins out of a multi-plug rather than the motor wiring just being on it's own plug that you could just disconnect.

Bear in mind that if the fault is due to some short in the downstream wiring somewhere, then you might still have the fuse blowing unless you disconnect at the actual headlamp itself.

Hi Troy. Just to keep u posted but i managed to fix my problem. Turns out my tail light bulb was faulty and that was what was blowing the fuse every time. Thanks for the info bud

Bryan

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club