Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Interior Footwell Lights Mk7

abzee269

Installed blue footwell lights today in my mk7 fiesta.

Yes I am a woman, and thought I'd be alright... Took me a wee while, got there in the end!

Anyway, I had to wire them into the passenger pillar area, anybody else had this problem?

Apologies for my poor photos, I'll take some more in the dark !

post-51438-0-82956700-1420054865_thumb.j

post-51438-0-03501600-1420054880_thumb.j

• Like 1

Yes I am a woman, and thought I'd be alright... Took me a wee while, got there in the end!

Anyway, I had to wire them into the passenger pillar area, anybody else had this problem?

Hi Abby,

Welcome to the forum,

See my guide here if you would like to fit an illuminated ignition ring light or rear footwell lighting to match

See link: http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/34704-guide-fitting-footwell-lighting-to-your-ford/?fromsearch=1

Wow, intense blue! I wired red lights into mine, but I'm still yet to choose whether I prefer them red or white.

I ran two wires from my interior light across the top of the windscreen, down through the pillars and then inwards on both sides. Annoyingly, my car didn't even have the bulb holders wired in, but they're a good addition now!

• Like 1

I've recently put some LED blue footwell lights in mine, simply released the glove box and fed one of the LED's into the drivers footwell behind the centre console and joined the wires onto the ambient lighting wires already in the car.

They're a real nice touch I think

post-61518-142021185009_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

• Like 1

Charlie love yours!

Lee boy show us your photos when you've installed :-)

Thankyou! Only problem I had was the LED strips kept falling off and swinging round in the footwell but some double sided tape has sorted that problem! :)

Leeboy, where did you get your red LEDs from? Mine aren't nearly as impressive as that!

Got them from " autolightinguk". Wasn't sure which ones to get so went for the most expensive. I think they were £1.83 each.

• Like 1

Thanks for the website, I shall bookmark it!

Lee they look great! Thanks for sharing :-)

Abby

So jealous of the illuminated sills :( hopefully my next car is an ST! Does the ST-2 come standard with illuminated sills?

So jealous of the illuminated sills :( hopefully my next car is an ST! Does the ST-2 come standard with illuminated sills?

It's part of the style pack (also get the rado grey wheels), but although it should cost it's been free since the ST launched.

what wires exactly did you tap into?