Do Not Sell My Personal Information

St Is Getting More Power Next Week!!

5t3v3

Thats brilliant Glynn ill go down and try fiddling about with it once the wind dies down a bit.

When you fitted yours did you have any problems with the service light coming on?

If the MAF sensor isn't fitted correctly, the car will go into 'limp mode' when the turbo kicks in.

No, how many miles you done? The spanner you mean? Shouldn't affect anything really the spanner.

If the sensor is the right way round but not screwed in properly then the car goes into limp mode, if it's the wrong way round it doesn't start.

Yea the spanner light and it comes up on the screen "Engine service Now". It's not even hit 4800 miles yet so it can't be needing a service, all the fluids are clean. It does feel like it has less power once the light comes on, ill have another look at the MAF sensor tomorrow again, it's in the housing the only way the bolt holes line up and the silver side is facing the front like it was in the original, hopefully I just haven't got it screwed down properly.

Went out and tightened everything up and took it a run and the light came on after a few minutes, removed the bluefin went another run and it was ok. Reinstalled it and it seemed to be ok. I'll se how it goes over the next few days, fingers crossed that's all its needed though.

Mine didn't screw in properly, it's like they didn't thread the holes deep enough to screw the screws in, I had to bodge mine into place with cable ties after the screws stripped. But once the maf sensor was secure the car ran fine.

Can't remember if it said service engine now when the maf was loose, but the engine wouldn't rev more than about 3k. I didn't drive it, but it would have been massively down on power.

It's unfortunate I had to bodge it, and probably should have complained, but it's ran fine for a month, and I love it, the noises are great

Lol, when I fitted it on friday and had the housing the wrong way around I ended up taping the sensor in place with electrical tape as I didn't have time to put the air box back in but one it was turned around the screws have went in no problem. Hopefully there isnt any more problems as it completely changes the way the car drives.

Yea I keep accelerating just a bit to hear the turbo let off haha.

Heated seats on and Windows open is the best way to drive it, it sounds great. I have the mountune induction pipe that the induction kit connects to too, though not sure how much difference that makes to the noise as I did em both at the same time.

Let me know how much faster it feels with the bluefin once you get chance to give it a proper drive hopefully without warning lights

Yea I will do man. Thanks for all the help.

I wish I had never started this now, can't get to the bottom of this !Removed! light coming on!! Took the remap off and ran with the induction kit on and it still done it, put the standard box back in and it was fine, AS sent out a k & n sock to see if that would make a difference, fitted it as soon as it arrived this morning. Took it a long run and just as I was starting to think it had sorted it it came back on again. I'm at my wits end with it now.

I know a few had this issue with the first AS kit, something about too much air flow/turbulence past the MAF sensor, not seen anyone else have an issue.

Does it run ok with the standard airbox and map installed? Might be worth sending the AS kit back and getting a panel filter or saving for the ITG induction kit.

Yea it's running perfectly fine with just the map and airbox, spoke to AS on Wednesday and I don't think they are going to be much help at all. There only idea was put the sock on. If it wasn't dropping power when the light comes on I wouldn't mind but it defeats the purpose of it lol. Will need to wait nd speak to them again on Monday and see if they can come up with anything else.

The socks just to protect the filter.

The bluefin map is that calibrated for the standard filter? It might be worth asking them as it may need a tweet to allow for the extra flow.

That's weird. Does it come on after a while, then when you turn the engine off, same again, or does it stay on next time you start until you mess with the kit/take it off? Is there any play in the sensor once you stop after the light comes on?

I'll phone the on Monday to and ask about that. It comes on after a couple of miles then usually the same again after it's been turned off. No the sensor is pretty solid when the light is on. Even tried taping around the sensor and housing to make sure there isn't any extra air getting in lol.

Have you put any filter oil on the filter that could have been sucked through onto the sensor?

The reason they will have given you a sock is incase the sensor got a bit damp from some moisture being sucked in to the filter.

The only other thing I can think of would be if they had sent you the wrong diameter housing, that would definitely throw an error up.

The fact it does it without the map rules the map out

He said it works ok with the standard airbox, so that indicates the filter or as you say the housing is at fault. If the MAF had picked up some oil from the AS filter it would still be contaminated when the OE box was used.

Na not put any oil on it, im still convinced it's to do with the kit not the map. Might go get a cheap universal cone filter and see what happens, thats how annoyed im getting with it.

I've taken the map back off again and it's just the filter that's in now and the light is on all the time now, getting fed up with this :-( Might just send the kit back and drill holes in the air box, only really wanted it for the noise

So AS have came up with the best solution they could and it has a few steps and gets a bit complex:

Take everything off the car

Put the standard air box back in

Stick all the stage 2 gear back in its box

Nip down to the post office

Wait for refund

Really disappointed as i liked the sound it gave the car, but all they could come up with was the sock. No well we will send you this bit out to try. So hopefully i can find another one that does work.

If you want the noise then an open filter is the only option, I'd go for the ITG filter, not cheap but I've not heard anyone have any issues with it no matter what map or stage of tune.

• 1 month later...

Morning GlynnZS, sorry to bring all this up again, Still not got to the bottom of the light comming on. I dont suppose you still have your original airbox lying around? I took the kit back off the other night and was trying to compare the two MAF housings and what i noticed was the sensor looks like it is sitting slightly off to one side and lower down inside the pipe that it does on the original. Also the diameter of the new housing is much smaller that the original ( to the point you can put the new part inside the old one and see quite a bit of a gap and move it around a lot. Would you be able to send me pictures of your's if you still have it and compare them both to see what you find?

Ive tried everything i can think of now and its not making a differnce too it, It has got me convinced it is a problem with the sensor housing now.

Thanks very much

Steve

I'm away this weekend so can't take pics of the parts, but I've had problems with the light coming on and loss of power while coming up to the lakes, so I took the map off and it's fine. Weird coz I've had the map on since Sept with no issues.

Both maf housings should be exactly the same diameter, so that is definitely your problem!

Ok Glynn thats great thanks. Starting to get a bit annoyed with AS, they are being no help at all. All they want is to give me a refund instead of coming up with a solution when I'm trying to tell them what the problem is.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club