Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Guide: Fitting Reverse Camera Mk2.5 Focus 2008 - 2011

Lenny

2 minutes ago, Commencal24 said:

I think the wires from the other side of the number plate light is powering the camera as the little light at the side of the camera wasn't working either until I twisted together the yellow and red wires. 

Sorry for the poor picture but it's a little dark outside 

IMG_7643.JPG

that's where the red and black wire conveys to red and yellow rca

Thanks for the picture, 

The yellow cable and black cable will be for powering and earthing the camera, it would be best if these were tapped in to an "ignition live" source making the camera work all the time.

iF Its spliced in along with the parking light then the camera only works when your lights are on. 

Aside from all that then; 

There will be the yellow RCA cable along with a red cable feeding to the rear of the headunit.

The red cable won't be in the boot door along with the rca; it will be spliced in to the reverse positive feed in the boot, and it runs to the rear of the headunit connected to the headunit sensor feed. 

This is working correctly as the screen automatically changed for you. 

So for trial purposes connect 

yellow to red and black to black then put the car in reverse to see if the camera works now that it's showing a light to indicate power.

also check the headunit settings to try changing the input signal format between NTSC and PAL

because if the headunit is in the wrong one of these two different video signal types it won't display.

• Like 1

Update.

ive joined the red to yellow and black to black using proper connections but still no signal, the cameras getting power as the useless little number plate light is working, should the camera actually light up too?

ive taken the headunit out and the yellow rca is plugged in IMG_7646.JPG

and the reverse is wired in also IMG_7645.JPG

so I'm wondering if the actual camera has been damaged by the garage? As all the connections are ok and the screen does change when I put the car into reverse.

@Commencal24 one last thing to try; is to go in to the headunit settings and change the format of the reverse camera signal and see if that works,

If it doesn't then you can replace the reg plate lights with led units and perhaps purchase the camera at the start of this guide

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Lenny said:

@Commencal24 one last thing to try; is to go in to the headunit settings and change the format of the reverse camera signal and see if that works,

If it doesn't then you can replace the reg plate lights with led units and perhaps purchase the camera at the start of this guide

I went into the menu and tried to switch between ntsc and pal, but it was on pal and greyed so I wasn't able to switch.. it said something about source 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Commencal24 said:

I went into the menu and tried to switch between ntsc and pal, but it was on pal and greyed so I wasn't able to switch.. it said something about source 

Have you got the headunit manual or try Google for a PDF copy to see how to go about changing to NTSC as most cameras are in that format PAL is rare to be honest. 

1 hour ago, Lenny said:

Have you got the headunit manual or try Google for a PDF copy to see how to go about changing to NTSC as most cameras are in that format PAL is rare to be honest. 

IMG_7651.JPG

Thats what I get when try to change from pal to ntsc (don't know the image is sideways)

Its like the camera isn't there 

• Like 1

Just now, Commencal24 said:

IMG_7651.JPG

Thats what I get when try to change from pal to ntsc (don't know the image is sideways)

Its like the camera isn't there 

Ive got a pioneer and i know how options can be in mixed locations at times.

for example; you may need to go in to "video settings" to turn the reverse camera option "on or off" 

IIt may be the case that you need to turn off the camera setting then change format and start it up again.

alternatively there may be more options available when the headunis turned off.

my equaliser self calibrates using a microphone which mounts to the headrest but you can't activate the process unless the headunit is turned off, seems crazy to turn somthing off in order to activate somthing within it but may be the same on your Sony 

• Like 1

Seems a little strange, can't seem to find anywhere in the instructions that tell me how to do it.

15 minutes ago, Commencal24 said:

Seems a little strange, can't seem to find anywhere in the instructions that tell me how to do it.

Switch the stereo off then go to settings and try again 

14 minutes ago, Lenny said:

Switch the stereo off then go to settings and try again 

I've managed to open the menu letting adjust between pal and ntsc don't ask how as I've not a clue, but it's still not worked.

i guess it's get a new camera and see if that works. 

Thanks for you sll all your help 😊

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Commencal24 said:

I've managed to open the menu letting adjust between pal and ntsc don't ask how as I've not a clue, but it's still not worked.

i guess it's get a new camera and see if that works. 

Thanks for you sll all your help 😊

Thats unfortunate news mate, but we did try all options in being it back to life, but atleast you now know where your going with the installation of replacement, 

Since you have an aftermarket headunit you may also like to view these guides: 

Guide to Fitting Aftermarket headunit focus Mk2 & Mk2.5 Click Here

Guide To fitting 10" HD Flip Down Monitor Focus Mk2 & Mk2.5 Click Here

Custom 10" Sub enclosure & Amp panel Focus Mk2 & Mk2.5Click Here

Sorry one last question, should there a light of some kind on the camera to let you know it's all working?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Commencal24 said:

Sorry one last question, should there a light of some kind on the camera to let you know it's all working?

theres not usually mate 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Finally sorted my problem!!

Thanks to the fine spring day I managed to get out side and tackle the issue.

Fistly I thought it was a damaged camera so replaced the camera with a new one hooked it up to the existing wiring and still "no video signal" on screen.

so I went about tracing all the wiring that had been done by the previous owner, and noticed that the rubber grommet in the boot that allows the reverse light cables to come through had a huge hole and two further wires going through it.

Under the car I went to find a huge ball of electrical tape, after peeling that off I found a complete bodge.

the insulation for the reverse light had basically been peeled away and the camera wires wrapped around the bare light wires!! 

IMG_7684.JPG

Safe to say insulating the wires and then splicing the wires correctly in the boot has sorted the problems..

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Lenny. Thanks for helping me fit a camera in my focus. Fitting one in my van and not sure which wires to splice into. I've attached a photo which shows 5 wires would you know by looking which is the live and earth? I tried to PM  you to not take this post off topic. 

IMG_20170322_172024.jpg

7 hours ago, aaronm13 said:

Hi Lenny. Thanks for helping me fit a camera in my focus. Fitting one in my van and not sure which wires to splice into. I've attached a photo which shows 5 wires would you know by looking which is the live and earth? I tried to PM  you to not take this post off topic. 

IMG_20170322_172024.jpg

Hi mate,

The white wire is most likely to be the positive feed to the bulb, it looks as though it turns to the orange cable after the plug? 

I disabled PM feature on my profile a few years back as I was spending alot of them answering the same questions so I disabled it and asked people to post questions relevant to a particular guide on the guide thread where others can view both question and answer which eventually leads to all understood.

I'm taking a guess looking at those cables ideally you would have a Haynes manual for reference or search the vehicle's model on forums for a wiring diagram. Generally where black is paired with white it means white is positive.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Lenny said:

Hi mate,

The white wire is most likely to be the positive feed to the bulb, it looks as though it turns to the orange cable after the plug? 

I disabled PM feature on my profile a few years back as I was spending alot of them answering the same questions so I disabled it and asked people to post questions relevant to a particular guide on the guide thread where others can view both question and answer which eventually leads to all understood.

I'm taking a guess looking at those cables ideally you would have a Haynes manual for reference or search the vehicle's model on forums for a wiring diagram. Generally where black is paired with white it means white is positive.

Excellent, thanks Lenny. I had a feeling white was live and black was the earth but wasn't 100% especially when it branched off into 3 wires, that threw me. I'll give that a bash anyway.

• 2 months later...

Hi, 

Sorry if this seems like a silly question, but does that particular camera still keep the electronic boot release or does it get rid of it? :)

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, superblades said:

Hi, 

Sorry if this seems like a silly question, but does that particular camera still keep the electronic boot release or does it get rid of it? :)

It still keeps that function as normal and has the camera built in to the construction of the handle, 

It looks factory fitted better quality than the original unit, 

• 3 weeks later...

I don't suppose you've got a more recent link for the boot handle camera have you?

• 7 months later...

Hi Lenny

I'm about to get to work on this one but I'd really like to have a look through your images first, sadly they don't seem to work.

If you still have them around I could compile a PDF for you that can be uploaded into the thread. That way future users won't run into the Photobucket issue.

Let me know.

• 1 month later...
On 23/6/2017 at 12:23 AM, Lenny said:

It still keeps that function as normal and has the camera built in to the construction of the handle, 

It looks factory fitted better quality than the original unit, 

Trying a quote to get you attention. :)

The above offer still stands.

1 hour ago, arthor said:

Trying a quote to get you attention. :)

The above offer still stands.

Sorry mate,

I had created my own pdf versions of the guides they should be on here if searched.

Also I sold the modified elm327 there before Christmas, lent it to a forum member whom then offered to buy it instead of sending it back.

10 hours ago, Lenny said:

Sorry mate,

I had created my own pdf versions of the guides they should be on here if searched.

Also I sold the modified elm327 there before Christmas, lent it to a forum member whom then offered to buy it instead of sending it back.

Hi Lenny

Thank you for your response. I've looked through your threads and can find a lot of your guides as PDF but not the one for the reverse camera. Could you point me in the right direction?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club