Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sat Nav Problems

paulsmith2

Hi,

My sat Nav is working fine except the location is completely screwed up, so if im driving in Kent, the sat Nav has me in the North east, and so on.

Ive tried resetting the location, but it has no effect.

On my latest service the mains dealer said it was because the Ariel base was corroded and wants nearly £300, but everything else is working (ie. Radio, bluetooth etc)

Any ideas gratefully received.

Thanks

It's working fine, except for the fact it's got you at the wrong end of the country? Lol

Sounds perfect :P

If it is corrosion - can you remove the base and try to clean it up?

It seems a little odd that it's giving a random position rather than no position. My experience is with marine GPS systems - which just lose satellite locks if the aerial isn't working properly.

I'd also guess that the GPS antenna is separate to the radio one, which could explain why the radio still works - bluetooth is handled separately again.

Even if it is a shared aerial for GPS/radio you will still have problems with the GPS as it's a much, much weaker signal than a radio transmission.

Hi Sean

Thanks, does sound like teh antenna base and ariel. Will have a look at these and see if I can clean them up.

Cheers

good luck cleaning them up,, doubt that will work. is 300 fitted price, get a quote for parts only,and do it yourself

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Does it show you out of position when your stationary with engine switched off and radio off?

The GPS antenne may be co-located with the radio antennae but I imagine it will be separate.

Hi my 2010 kuga did exactly the same. Then eventualy stopped working .the fault was the ariel base it was corroded , I bought a new base on eBay. there's one for sale on eBay now type in number 271294593833 its only £60 .

To fit it you take the interior light fitting down its screwed up then you can get at the Ariel screw it pays to put a ring of silicon on the bottom of the new base before fitting it will be easier if there's two people. good luck

• 4 months later...

Can anyone let me know where the cable from the antenna is located?

I have just bought a replacement sat nav aerial, the lead is about one metre long with plug in terminals, problem is where are these terminals & how do you gain access?

Ford want £300.00 for what seems a simple job, but they do say you have to remove the roof interior panel, is that just scaremongering, or justification for the £300?

P.S. Mine has the Panoramic glass roof.

Any infomation would be appreciated.

Thanks TW

• 1 month later...

Hi my kuga has done same can't find any satalites how did you get on fittin base unit mine also has glass roof any tips on this please and if so advise me on price and part nos thanks

Ok, was quite a common fault, it is probably the antenna base thats corroded, will need a new antenna base, as others have pointed outvit requires lowering the roof lining sufficient at the rear to undo the base and unclip the cable,

Thanks for that had a quick look at it and seems to have 2 Leeds coming from it the ones I've looked at on the computer dose not have these but say they are for radio and satnav????

1585495 ford number (dont quote me on it, ) lol, where you looking?

The base plugs in to connecter behind n/s rear trim

Just on various sites and eBay do you know is it just a ford part or can you get pattern parts thanks

Sorry dont know about pattern parts, only ever fitted ford ones

I'm having a problem also. My screen says insert original data carrier when I try to use the sat nav, also when it does work it does not pick up my position. Any ideas ?.

Does it have the original SD card ?

Rob mine stopped working about a year ago so I removed disc cleaned and put back then worked fine until now worth a go.

If same as mine touch screen you can see if any satalites are found

• 1 year later...

Hi All, how did anyone get on here (posts are old now)

My satnav is showing zero satellites, pan roof, told its part number 1494225.

Have removed and cleaned but nowt. Seems easy enough to fit without removing the roof panel, bit of treading of cables to the offside rear quadrant

• 5 years later...

My satnavs'  doesnt talk to me, only when I touch the corner of the screen, She doesnt really seen to give directions until I ask! 

Oh dear !!

have you two had a falling out ?

A big box of chocolates and some flowers might help, oh and change the settings in the SatNav will help.