Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Air Blowing / Whistling Noise

dsimcoe

Hi guys,

I am getting a whistling noise from the top of the engine during acceleration between 2,500 and 4,000rpm. I think this is effecting the power of the car but I am not quite sure as if I accelerate too much the engine malfunction light comes on until I turn the car off and on again.

I have check the air pipes to and from the Turbo and these are secure but I cannot get underneath to see if there are any cut or slits running through the pipes.

Hi Danny, to check the bottom intercooler pipe you need to remove the underside cover to get to it.

Double check the top intake pipe as they known to split, put you hand under pipe and check for a split or oily patch indicating air leakage.

Hi,

On my 2009 2.0TDCI i have had almost a whooshing noise on heavy acceleration, on inspecting the usual pipes I have discovered a small oil leak on the Intercooler pipe that goes to the turbo at the back of the engine block. Didn't manage to get a proper check done as its tight under the car and only quickly jacked it up, plan to do a proper check soon.

Definitely worth checking all the pipes for splits

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys

Thanks for your responses. I managed to take it to a garage and get this all repaired. Like others i thought the worst and when I got told it was part of the turbo i thought it was time for a loan!!

Luckily the whistling was caused by a 3 inch split running along the turbo inlet pipe (the thick black right angle pipe on the left of the turbo) which cost £60 from Ford and £20 to fit. Now the car works like a dream.

I just thought id let you all know.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

• Like 2

Good to know you got it fixed, thought it was going to be the top one. Lol

60 quid though!? can get a full set of all three hoses for that (2 going to he intercooler, 1 coming back up)

:/

More surprised at 20 quid to do two jubilee clips up

• Like 1

Ford only sell the top intercooler hose with the metal mid-section for some reason.

Better to buy a silicone section from eBay that will not split and last the life of the car.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi,

On my 2009 2.0TDCI i have had almost a whooshing noise on heavy acceleration, on inspecting the usual pipes I have discovered a small oil leak on the Intercooler pipe that goes to the turbo at the back of the engine block. Didn't manage to get a proper check done as its tight under the car and only quickly jacked it up, plan to do a proper check soon.

Definitely worth checking all the pipes for splits

Well the car went in for its service yesterday and I got them to check all around the pipes at the back of the engine, it turns out that a jubilee clip had worked its way lose therefore this was where my whooshing and oil was leaking from.

All tightened up now and all pipes are in good working order with no splits :)

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club