• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 dtmwelburn

dtmwelburn

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • Ford Model: fiesta ghia 1.4 1997
Posted 18 July 2009 - 12:06 AM

Hiya can anyone help me with the torque settings for the headbolts on my 1997 ford fiesta 1.4 16v zetec, i could do with settings for the conrod bolts too if anyone knows them (i never think about these things before stripping engines down, and if the bottom end steel brace (im unsure how to describe it but its held u[ with 10 rather large bolts) has to be torqued up i could do with these aswell, all help is much appreciated, thank you

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 stef123

stef123

Ford Enthusiast

• Management
  • 4,907 posts
  • Name: Stef
  • Ford Model: Mondeo ST TDCI
  • Year: 2006
Contributor

Posted 18 July 2009 - 09:17 PM

Hiya can anyone help me with the torque settings for the headbolts on my 1997 ford fiesta 1.4 16v zetec, i could do with settings for the conrod bolts too if anyone knows them (i never think about these things before stripping engines down, and if the bottom end steel brace (im unsure how to describe it but its held u[ with 10 rather large bolts) has to be torqued up i could do with these aswell, all help is much appreciated, thank you

hi there,

headbolt sequence and torque settings are as follows:-

8 - 6 - 1 - 3 - 9
10-4 - 2 - 5 - 7

STAGE 1: 15Nm
STAGE 2: 30Nm
STAGE 3: 90 Degrees

i dont have any torque settings for the conrod bolts,
not sure what you mean by bottom end steel brace though? got any pics of the part in question?

#3 dtmwelburn

dtmwelburn

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • Ford Model: fiesta ghia 1.4 1997
Posted 20 July 2009 - 12:32 AM

hi there,

headbolt sequence and torque settings are as follows:-

8 - 6 - 1 - 3 - 9
10-4 - 2 - 5 - 7

STAGE 1: 15Nm
STAGE 2: 30Nm
STAGE 3: 90 Degrees

i dont have any torque settings for the conrod bolts,
not sure what you mean by bottom end steel brace though? got any pics of the part in question?

Thanks alot mate, ill take a pic of that part first thing and post it, should have the piston tomorrow to start putting all back together parts supplier only thing holding me up lol, thanks again

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users