Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Ecoboost 125 Mpg

Charlie-_-

I have a 2014 Fiesta Zetec S with the 1.0 Ecoboost engine. I've had it since August and the best mpg I can get is about 38? Just wondering how other peoples cars are performing as I think this seem a bit low considering the figures?

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

I used to get a steady 45 out of mine. And then it was usually 10 minute drives, 40mph speed limits and a little bit of dual carriageway.

That's exactly the same for me 10 minutes to work at 40mph and a couple of junctions down the motorway...ford said that there's nothing wrong with the car when I took it in. Maybe it could just be down to a heavy right foot too often

There must be something up if I'm only getting 38, I'll just have to keep pushing with Ford!

Thanks guys

For the first few minutes of any journey, a modern ECU will be throwing fuel at the engine to make sure it warms asap. However, it will take about 10 mins for the oil to warm properly etc, and I wouldn't expect decent mpg over such short journeys.

Perhaps give it a good steady run for at least 30 mins to see what happens?

Yeah I travel long journeys on the weekends quite often but it doesn't seem to have any effect, it might get up to 40 at the weekends on a good day? Still seems low though

I wouldn't say that is an accurate reading since you haven't had the car that long and it need time to 'Run In' the bits and bobs, that would probably be around average I suppose for the age of the car but more importantly how many miles you have done in it?

Also it obviously depends on how you drive it, so avoid sharp acceleration and sharp braking etc.

I have a Fiesta Titanium 125ps ecoboost and only done about 400 miles in it with an MPG of 39 and that was mostly little trips in 30/40 mph areas but also did do about 100 miles or so on the motorway with the cruise control on but I'm not worried at all with it at the moment.

I've got a 125 and it hasn't dropped under 40. I've done 5000 miles. Trip down south and I got over 50

I've got a titanium 125, had it since start of October. I was getting around 41MPG to start with, but just lately I have only been getting around 38MPG. I think it is a combination of cold temperatures (5:30am starts) & sitting in Xmas tailbacks everywhere.

I will be monitoring this for the next few weeks & hopefully it will improve.

I've got a 125 and never had anything below 40, I think the best I had was low 50's when I traveled to Wiltshire not too long ago. Best thing I would suggest is reset the MPG counter and take the car for a long drive somewhere and see what figures you get then :)

It's done just under 4000 miles now, I do about 1000 a month and ever since I've had it I've always struggled to keep It above 40 no matter how I drive it!

I've reset the counter many times and it seems to have no effect...after Ford looked at it they said their driver got 54mpg so I instantly took it for 15 minutes down the motorway at a constant 56mph and the mpg was still dropping to 50 and counting so I don't know?

If it was me, I would have asked them to have proven the figures "their driver" managed to achieve. If your not happy and you think there is something wrong, keep hassling Ford until they sort something out wither way! :)

I think that's what I'll have to do really, not going to sort it any other way I don't reckon. Thanks guys at least I have some figures to support my argument!

To be honest I dont think this engine is everything its cracked up to be.

I had a 1.6 zafira for 5 years. I averaged 35-37mpg. This is my general everyday mix of roads driving. 10 miles to work. A fortnightly 35 mile journey etc.

Same driving in my fiesta (100) im 45-46.

Sure its better but the zafira was a tank and didnt have start-stop which I do use.

Overall im happy but think it should be better.

I had a 1.2 Clio before my ZS and that got me 36.8mpg, I expected a lot more from the fiesta really and I'd be over the moon if I could get mid 40's :( everything is perfect about the car except the mpg

Have a look at Honest John real world MPG figures. http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/realmpg/ford/fiesta-2013 You aren't that far behind the curve as average from submissions is 45.2 against manufacturer quoted 65.7 mpg. 2013 onwards Fiesta range as a whole quite poor at 71% of quoted figures when you look around a bit such as SEAT Ibizia range at 83% and industry average of 86%.

On the plus side the dropping fuel prices is great. Filled up the other day. Still had 60-70 miles left but 39 quid. Excellent.

Yeah that's true a full tank is becoming significantly cheaper now :) And those figures are interesting when you compare the other cars /:)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club