Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ipod Connection times

horza

I was just wondering what everyones else Ipod connection time is when they connect it to the car, to when they can start to listen to it through the radio?

Sometimes mine will take a couple of mins, sometimes it will take up to and over 15 mins, and maybe even not connect. I took it to the dealer who said it was the cable I had bought, so got a replacement, now it seems like its just the same!

I'd really appreciate if others can feedback on how their Ipods work with the radio?

I'm using the Y cable, and my car is about 3 weeks old from new now.

Wonder if this is related to the problem I have. Not an ipod, but a straight forward USB memory stick, with a fairly large playlist on it. It can sometimes play straight away when I turn the car on, but often doesn't. I need to press the Aux button, but even so, this can sometimes need to be pressed a few times sometimes having to wait a few minutes before it will play. I have noticed that the bottom light on the left hand of the display panel comes on first and this is where it usually sticks. I think this supposed to indicate it is in menu mode.

Have you tried pressing the Aux button to get your iPod to work?

Hmm mine (Ipod touch 2G, OS 3) comes up pretty much instantly. I plug it in and get the message on the screen that it's connecting and by the time I've started the car I press AUX and it's playing. That's with the Ford Y cable too.

Wonder if this is related to the problem I have. Not an ipod, but a straight forward USB memory stick, with a fairly large playlist on it. It can sometimes play straight away when I turn the car on, but often doesn't. I need to press the Aux button, but even so, this can sometimes need to be pressed a few times sometimes having to wait a few minutes before it will play. I have noticed that the bottom light on the left hand of the display panel comes on first and this is where it usually sticks. I think this supposed to indicate it is in menu mode.

Have you tried pressing the Aux button to get your iPod to work?

Yeah press it quite a few times and sometimes nothing happens at all! If I have been listening to the Ipod and left it connected in the car, then come back to it the next day, when I start the engine the display shows the Ford screen and you don't hear anything. As I presume its waiting to sync. Generally once it syncs it will change to the radio channel (???) and then I can hit the Aux button and it will work, although sometimes it will sit at that stage for ages and ages, and then I'll try unplugging it etc but this does nothing!

Going by the other post of it working almost instantly, I'm wondering if I should take it back and get them to look at it again!

I have the issue of it sometimes playing the radio rather than the ipod when I start the car up, but then I'm guessing that might happen if I start the car too quick (before it's connected to the ipod).

I found that with mine, when I start the engine and plug my iPhone into it straight away it'll work for a second then cut out when bluetooth connects, this is because the iPhone switches from 'dock connector' to 'bluetooth audio', I've just started to wait for bluetooth to connect, then connect the iPhone after 20-30 seconds. That sorts it for me anyway.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club