Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Used Focus For £7-£8K

redrabbit

I currently have a Y reg (01) focus which is 1.8 petrol. It has 95000 on clock. It's a real gas guzzler but is a good car but has needed several bits of work recently.

I'm getting prepared for some time over the next 6-12 months to replace. I will fund with a loan of up to £8k and want something that will last.

I travel 15 miles to work and back. At all times of day. No family (no plans to breed either). Just a partner.

I really like the titanium model, Diesel engine. I seen some really decent ones which were 1.6, less than 20k on clock and about a 2010 model.

I'm not sure whether to go 2.0?

Any thoughts on what car models I should be looking at or avoiding?

For 8 K you should be able to get into a MK 3 in which case with your millage I'd look at an ecoboost!

As above you wont get any benefit from a diesel doing that mileage ecoboost petrol is best wait if you can till new Xmas november/december sales are slow at that Time of year leaving more room to haggle and get a deal .i wouldn't go 2.0 its unecessary with newer engines you get better power and mpg from smaller engines now

Is MK3 the new designs - the latest ones? The only issue with that is the look inside.

I like them from outside but don't you think the inside looks really plasticy?

So maybe a 1.6 Eco boost petrol is best. Hopefully low tax too. I like how fast my 1.8 is now so I'd like a similar car in that respect too. Also really want cruise control.

I can wait until winter definitely. In fact that's better. MOT on my car due in July. I will get it through that. Then if I come to sell I can say it's got 6 months MOT left. I know it's probably only worth about £500 tho. But it still helps!

Just looking at the 1.6 petrol Eco boost cars. The mk3 versions and the mpg for urban is 36. Is that quite low?

ditch the dirty diesel and get ecoboost1.0 or 1.6, if you want cruise then titanium model will be required, that may push you out the mk3 price range, some have managed to retrofit cruise on non titanium models on this forum

No I think the interior is far.more superior than the mk 2.5!

I was actually talking about the 1.0 Ecoboost 125 PS engine

£20-30 car tax a no brainer on 1.0 ecoboost, and mine goes like a 2.0 petrol.lol (tweeked)

I do 16 miles a day for work, get 50-53mpg taking it steady, drive harder and its 40,motorway get 60mpg

ordinary 1.6 petrol non ecoboost gutless, underpowered

You're 1.8 is old now my ti vct 1.6 petrol has the same power as the 1.8 standard the new ecoboost 1.0 has 125bhp using the same ti vct system and lower down torque so you get more for less .with you're mileage no matter what diesel you get you'll get the same if not lower mpg than the petrol.

The interior isn't that bad to be honest soft touch plastics better soundproofing better insulation

Good advice everyone. Thanks.

I've just looked at the mk3 1.0 titanium and it looks really good. Looks so comfortable inside. One thing about my current old car is it's quite uncomfortable so the newer ones appeal to me.

What sort of mileage is reasonable? I wonder if 40k miles is a bit high if I'm spending £8k? Or am I being unrealistic?

Its a waiting game you keep looking and at the right time the right car will pop up me personally 40k at £8k is a bit much take you're time and hold out for the right car at the right time

Been looking at loads of cars today online. Pretty much set on 1.0 titanium focus - the new shape.

my original plan was to buy for £8k. But I can see that for around £12k I can get the car with about 5000 miles on the clock with the car being just a year old.

I wonder if in the long run that's better. Newer car, 2 years on MOT, low mileage, less issues, easy to sell on

I know that's a big jump in budget but it's a car I would keep for quite a while

Oh and I also see that the vast majority of the cars are zetec.

Do you think I'd be wasting money going for titanium?

Been looking at loads of cars today online. Pretty much set on 1.0 titanium focus - the new shape.

my original plan was to buy for £8k. But I can see that for around £12k I can get the car with about 5000 miles on the clock with the car being just a year old.

I wonder if in the long run that's better. Newer car, 2 years on MOT, low mileage, less issues, easy to sell on

I know that's a big jump in budget but it's a car I would keep for quite a while

If your consdering spending that sort of money I'd consider getting new on a ford options scheme if I'm honest! Also get a MK 3.5 then to with the options and colour you want!

I have no deposit though at all. The money will be paid by loan which is why buying outright suits me. The ford options seems to need quite a big deposit

I'm also a bit put off by those schemes as you seem tied in a bit.

I will look again later though. Thanks

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club