Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MK7 Fiesta after a wash, polish and wax

fiestaguy

Yesterday i bought some Zip Wax Concentrate Shampoo, Autoglym Ultra Deep Shine Polish and Autoglym Aquawax and after 3.5 hours here is the end result:

cimg0015b.jpg

My street is full of Fords lol.

cimg0017b.jpg

cimg0018b.jpg

Considering i've never polished and waxed a car before im pretty happy with the results. The Ultra Deep Shine Polish sorted out most of the swirl marks and gave Venom a deep mirror finish. The Aquawax was a pain to buff out but thats most likely due to applying it on dry paint.

Not the best pics, its been raining most of the day lol

UPDATED

The other pics didnt really do it justice so i've took some new pics now its drier:

cimg0004b.jpg

cimg0005b.jpg

cimg0008b.jpg

:D

very nice. i bought some aqua wax yesterday as well, i shall be testing it out on the prius later on.

very nice. i bought some aqua wax yesterday as well, i shall be testing it out on the prius later on.

Thanks. The microfibre cloths you get with it are great. Apply the wax when the car is wet, im sure it'll be alot easier lol. The rain does bead off Venom very nicely now.

i shall i shall, i have water and a spray bottle ready for work!

toyota prius can get the full works later on, laptop, bed and two and a half men are consuming my time at the moment.

toyota prius can get the full works later on, laptop, bed and two and a half men are consuming my time at the moment.

Now i'm intrigued lol :lol:

about the car or my lazy sunday? :D

Hi

That's a very clean Fiesta!!! next time I'm in South wales, I will bring my Puma round for you to wash if you like. B) :P

Hi

That's a very clean Fiesta!!! next time I'm in South wales, I will bring my Puma round for you to wash if you like. B) :P

Haha no way, 3.5 hours of doing mine was enough for me! :P

Hi

I have spent longer than that washing and cleaning my car. The day that I had her. I spent six hours cleaning inside and out. !!!!!! I was so worn out by the end of the day.

:wacko:

That's one stunning looking car.

Just one question - do you live in a Ford only area??

That's one stunning looking car.

Just one question - do you live in a Ford only area??

Haha no but the street should be renamed to Ford Street lol. You cant see it in the photos but my next door neighbour has a Focus and the house opposite has a Fiesta too :)

it hasn't rained for a few hours, i don't think i'll be collared into taking the dog out for a walk if i venture out of my bedroom and reading all this wants me to make a very clean Prius with my new microfibre noodle sponge (i really am that cool, you see)

just one more episode of two and a half men and i shall get on with it, promise

What exactly is Aqua wax and what does it do? Can you use it on a brand new car (i see that you have)

We live in Ford street here, I have a fezzi, so does matt, mum has a fusion, dad has a focus, next door have a focus and a mondeo, opposite have a c-max and a fusion!

it hasn't rained for a few hours, i don't think i'll be collared into taking the dog out for a walk if i venture out of my bedroom and reading all this wants me to make a very clean Prius with my new microfibre noodle sponge (i really am that cool, you see)

just one more episode of two and a half men and i shall get on with it, promise

You know you want to! Oh right two and a half men is a TV show lol :P

i can confirm that two and a half men is a tv show only!

i do want to, i am going to, i shall do it!

before and after pics? boorahhhhhhhh

What exactly is Aqua wax and what does it do? Can you use it on a brand new car (i see that you have)

We live in Ford street here, I have a fezzi, so does matt, mum has a fusion, dad has a focus, next door have a focus and a mondeo, opposite have a c-max and a fusion!

Hehe nice!

Aqua Wax is just like any other car wax but can can be applied even when the vehicle is wet. The immediate benefit is that there is no need to dry the car between washing and polishing. It gives it a nice gloss and a brilliant smear-free finish to all exterior surfaces. Yes all cars new or old should ideally be waxed to protect if from the elements.

I'm so jealous, I really want to polish mine but I have the diamondbrite on it... I worry that I'm not doing enough to preserve my paint, the shampoo and paint preserver just don't seem 'enough' for me :blink:

Looks awesome though, good job :D

He is so going to be doing it on a regular basis

I hope I can be so committed to mine once the novelty of the new car has warn off

I'm so jealous, I really want to polish mine but I have the diamondbrite on it... I worry that I'm not doing enough to preserve my paint, the shampoo and paint preserver just don't seem 'enough' for me :blink:

Looks awesome though, good job :D

Flic - get the diamondbrite off is my advice. It may hurt if you paid for it but honestly, you'll get better results with a good wax.

Greeny is the expert to get it off, or take it to a valeter and have it done by them - then you can polish to your hearts content.

I would say that a good wash and clay is going to have it off anyway.

A full set of the diamondbrite gear can be had on eBay for a tenner - it's a rip-off (in my opinion).

aqua wax is a gd product, BUT if you apply it when it is wet it will just not stay on the car anywhere near as long as a decent hard wax that is applied when dry.

Also just make sure you are never tempted to dry the car off after it has rained, u will cause major damage to your paintwork.

and the last thing, be VERY careful using polish on your new fiesta's, new paintwork is never great to work with so i do suggest just using a paint cleanser instead of polish.

damn good work though, blacks also turn out the best results. :D

right, its been about an hour and a half ( i think ) and it is complete!

before:

P1020892.jpg

P1020893.jpg

P1020894.jpg

after:

P1020895.jpg

P1020896.jpg

P1020897.jpg

Probably doesn't look like much but i'm rather pleased with it!

aqua wax is a gd product, BUT if you apply it when it is wet it will just not stay on the car anywhere near as long as a decent hard wax that is applied when dry.

Also just make sure you are never tempted to dry the car off after it has rained, u will cause major damage to your paintwork.

and the last thing, be VERY careful using polish on your new fiesta's, new paintwork is never great to work with so i do suggest just using a paint cleanser instead of polish.

damn good work though, blacks also turn out the best results. :D

Thanks means alot coming from an enthusiast :) I used polish because it had swirl marks all over it which the Ultra Deep Shine Polish managed to sort out. Problem is it has faded the plastic trims so will need to get some trim restorer for it. What do you recommend?

Nice job Michael P, looks alot shinier :) What products did you use?

Auto glym bodywork shampoo to wash it and auto glym aqua wax and that was it :)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club