Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Interior Lights

jcs95whufc

hi all,

decided I want to replace and install white LED's to interior and get rid of the horrible yellow interior lights. I have the mk3 focus S, is it just the case of unclipping the plastic covering and replacing with LEDs?

• Like 1

Looks great! how do I wire up?? and on the site it says I can choose from different colours too??

• Like 1

they just push in up top, pop out the 501s, and the new boards just fit in to that socket, put the covers back on and your done!

The rear footwell lighting I direct you to Lennys fantastic guide for the rear ones, I got 4, 2 in each side, basically you attach them to the top of the underseat blowers, run the cables up past the handbrake and over to the passanger side footwell where you splice on to the front footwell lights.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RED-LED-5-LED-POD-LIGHT-Wire-Attached-Motorcycle-Car-/350057941604?hash=item5181144a64

For the front footwell I use http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/320743863963?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

ive got 2 in the front, and two more in the boot, I slapped another in the glovebox as well, they come with all the required attachments and are amazing bright.

the footwell lights come in blue, red and white, its difficult to get an accurate colour shot of them all working as the light balance is all over the place, but I love the red warm glow coming up and mixing with the clear white from above. :)

• Like 1

they just push in up top, pop out the 501s, and the new boards just fit in to that socket, put the covers back on and your done!

The rear footwell lighting I direct you to Lennys fantastic guide for the rear ones, I got 4, 2 in each side, basically you attach them to the top of the underseat blowers, run the cables up past the handbrake and over to the passanger side footwell where you splice on to the front footwell lights.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RED-LED-5-LED-POD-LIGHT-Wire-Attached-Motorcycle-Car-/350057941604?hash=item5181144a64

For the front footwell I use http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/320743863963?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

ive got 2 in the front, and two more in the boot, I slapped another in the glovebox as well, they come with all the required attachments and are amazing bright.

the footwell lights come in blue, red and white, its difficult to get an accurate colour shot of them all working as the light balance is all over the place, but I love the red warm glow coming up and mixing with the clear white from above. :)

Darren looks good man.

I used Lennys guide to install the front and rear footwells as well. Hats of to Lenny for that guide as its very informative.

I might change the bulb in my interior light to a white LED same as yours. Is the link above the only place you can get them? how long will they last and do they give of a better light than the standard bulb? I was going to add a red on at one point but though it would be too much red so a white one might be nice and cleaner looking than the standard yellow.

• Like 1

I tried a LED bulb in my interior light and it failed not long after. I tried another one of the same type and it failed again. Might have just been my bad luck. It seems others have changed their light with success. I ended up reverting back to the standard bulb.

Let us know how you get on.

Will do!

can I simply purchase Bright white leds from Halfords?

id be cautious of simple LED lights, ive had some die pretty quick, the ones I have up top have been in since june and no sign of anything bad. on the back of the PCB are small resistors so id imagine they help filter the fluctuating voltage

I think whats important to know is that the board full of SMDs covers a much wider area then a simple 501 capless LED, im not sure youll get good spread of light from a single or even a couple of SMDs in that style, im sure you can find other places that sell those dome lights, but I think they all come from China, mine turned up a week after ordering them, no customs. the rear one was actually a freebee when I got all my custom heater control knobs, I guess it was a nice wee thank you from them :)

as for the light, the white ones I have in the PCB style are significantly brighter then the yellows or those fake xenons. I know sometimes white LEDs appear brighter but aren't. well theses aren't the case, theres a noticeable soft white through out the car which turns more red as you go down to the floor :D

These are the ones that I fitted that failed on me. I'm on the hunt for something more reliable if anyone can suggest something for the mk2.

372e50c3-0a16-4576-98f9-5c117c3c4b09_zps

Thanks Darren - so the ones your have recommended should fit my Focus Mk3?

Found this the other week,,, might interest you,,,good luck.

Ah red footwell lighting started to think I was the only one ...ive two sets fitted red and green the red work on the interior light the green with the headlights so it matches the original switch lighting even put the green less in the rear discretely hidden

• Like 1

Found this the other week,,, might interest you,,,good luck.

great find saved to fav B)

Ah red footwell lighting started to think I was the only one ...ive two sets fitted red and green the red work on the interior light the green with the headlights so it matches the original switch lighting even put the green less in the rear discretely hidden

ha, nope your not, I think it looks amazing, little less intrusive then the blue ive seen before. I Like it so much that I installed some red footwell lights in my partners Festa to match the led trim lighting in the car, then popped a couple in the boot for good measure too. I think she likes it! lol

Replaced interior lights last night to a cool blue/white led which I had left over....looks soo much better than the yellow. I feel like batman. Thank for the video it really helped getting the covers off I felt like I was going to snap it though!

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club