Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Smd Led Number Plate Unit

Norris_Cole92

Just ordered a set of these off ebay:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/111375631829

post-55453-0-67375900-1420716164_thumb.j

Has anyone bought these and installed them?

If so how easy were they to install, do the old units need to be cut at the wire and connected to these? They claim to be plug and play but I know that's not always the case!

ma mate had verion of these for his mk7 Zs on his it was a little plug all he did was disconnect the plug to the original lights and pluged them in hey presto im sure these will be similar no cutting required

That's good to hear, I would think they would be the same type of thing. Hopefully should get them by the end of the week so can get them in on saturday.

yeah patience ma man :P but a guess they would be the same pretty much! even if there not the same it isnt hard to add them lol let us know how ye get on

Will do I'll put some photos on if it's a success!

• Like 1

A cheaper option is to buy a pack of these

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00N8K5UV8?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00

They're really bright and good value, you can replace the interior bulbs and the number plate bulbs as well

His don't use them in number plate think his are the one that look like a tiny fluresant light with a wire through the middle

Fiesta Mk6 (02-08)

Dipped Beam - 472 H4 Headlight bulbs

Main Beam - 472 H4 Headlight bulbs

Front Fog - 711 H11 Headlight bulbs

Side Light - 501 Capless

Front Indicator - 581 Bayonet Indicator Bulb

Rear Indicator - 581 Bayonet Indicator Bulb

Rear Back Light - 380 Double Contact

Brake Light - 380 Double Contact

Rear Fog - 382 Single Contact

Reverse Light - 955 W16W

Number Plate - 239 Festoon Bulb

Interior Light - 265 Festoon Bulb

Yeah that's right they are festoon bulbs in the number plate, though mine has a 501 bulb in the interior. I've got festoon LEDs in there at the moment but one of the clear plastic covers is really black hence why I was searching for a replacement and found these. Looks pants with one really bright and one barely visible!

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

One u said at start are really bright mate and last! And the 501 was the same as Mines when I had it too mate a guess it's a 2008?

Nice one looking forward to getting them in! It is mate aye I've had it about 6 months or so

yeah ma sure only the 2008 model had the 501 bulb on the interior light a wee mod a think ye should do is get the reading lights from another ford (find them on eBay or breakers mate ) for interior its just simply plug n play mate and then you have 3lights for the interior at the front but if you want a bright light for the interior i suggest this 194 501 T10 Wide Angle 12 LED Wedge bulbs

http://www.wardenjp.com/stores/194.html check out my thread and you will see how bright the blue ones are (thread is highlighted blue underneath this post )

That sounds like a good idea like do you know which model would be able to get one off? Do the pre facelift mk6's have them?

Them blue LED's look sweet in your car!

• 2 weeks later...

Got these in on the weekend, easy to do and look pretty good, bright as fooook post-55453-142168963821_thumb.jpg

Got these in on the weekend, easy to do and look pretty good, bright as fooook attachicon.gifImageUploadedByFord OC1421689758.707328.jpg

How many SMD's do you have in those? I bought the wedge shape with 5 SMD's and they are ok, but not as bright as I had hoped for

They've got 18 SMD's in each unit I believe. They aren't actually replacement bulbs they replace the full unit with casing etc. The old one unscrews and it's very simply to disconnect the wires (only held by clips) and these new units slot in. You can find them here for the MK6, not sure where you'd get them for the MK 7 but I'm sure you can get them on eBay, might even be the same fit.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/111375631829

See told ye there good! :p easy as anything too

You did haha thanks mate! Much brighter than any festoons I've put in before, pretty much lights up the road behind me!

Aye ano ma mate had them and were brill never look directly lol blind ye!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club