Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Electric Folding Mirrors.

Leeboy

I have a fiesta st2 but it doesn't have the electric folding mirrors. Really miss this feature so i emailed Ford asking for a quote to fit them. They quoted me £1500 !!!!! Plus it could go over that. I'll have to just keep pushing them in myself ha !

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Yeah I was a bit peed off that my ST2 didn't have this feature on it. it's only standard on ST3 I think.

Yeah I was a bit peed off that my ST2 didn't have this feature on it. it's only standard on ST3 I think.

Didn't buy it new then? It is an option.

It might be possible to retrofit them, depends if the wiring loom is compatible and if the GEM can be programmed for them. There was a YouTube vid for fitting them to a mk7 but not sure if the same applies for the mk7.5. There are a few fiestas being broken on eBay so parts should be easy to get hold of mirrors, switch etc. just needs investigating.

No didn't buy it new it was a year old when I got it. I just think something as simple as this should be standard tbf. I can't see much reason for 3 spec levels of it's the top of the range model you shouldn't really be having to put options on in my eyes. But then again it's always the same with manufactures they give you a top spec car with nothing in it lol!

I do love the car just not the fact they sell them with option lists as long as your arm. I'd understand with a base spec model in the range just not the top model.

This is something that we have investigated previously and we believe the cost would be in the region of £1500.

I have spoken with our Master Technician who tells me it would involve changing wiring harnesses, modules and of course the mirrors to facilitate it, but because of the complexities within the electronics it may well exceed this amount.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Doesn't surprise me really. I can understand its not a small job retro fitting them but the cost dealers charge is ridiculous at best.

Power fold mirrors goes through both door modules, so unless modules the same then its 2 modules , wiring harneses, mirrors , and still depends on wether the body control module allows static to power fold in central car config.

if someobe looked into it properley then its possible.could be cheaper than1500. like just 2 mirrors and config adjust.

No didn't buy it new it was a year old when I got it. I just think something as simple as this should be standard tbf. I can't see much reason for 3 spec levels of it's the top of the range model you shouldn't really be having to put options on in my eyes. But then again it's always the same with manufactures they give you a top spec car with nothing in it lol!

I do love the car just not the fact they sell them with option lists as long as your arm. I'd understand with a base spec model in the range just not the top model.

They make 3 levels now (it was 2),

ST1 for people who just want a basics sporty hatch,

ST2 bit more luxury, and you can pick what options you think you need.

ST3 all electrical options, saves money on speccing up an ST2 and simplifies production.

As options lists go there's not much on there compared to audi, BMW etc.

• 2 weeks later...

Just had to replace door mirror on 2013 fiesta , just a not to say multi plug to the mirror is fully wired up in the doors , obviously the non power fold mirror multiplug wasnt . So im betting 2 power fold mirrors and a bcmii config and should work.

Dont take my word for it but worth looking into for those wanting them.

iNath could do it on the Mk7, (he did mine) and it was just a case of telling the car it had them, and then fitting the mirrors and a suitable doorswitch, so I suspect all the wiring is in place already.

• 3 years later...

Who is Inath I want my mirrors converting to power folding

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club