Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Heat Resistor

RenatoFerreira

Hi!

I'm trying to help my father with his ford focus 2009 (mk2, I suppose) bought here in Brazil. The problem is that known issue related to the internal ventilation only working at maximum speed. It's being impossible to find this resistor in the local market, Ford does not sell it separately, but only the whole ventilation system (we would prefer to sell the car).

My doubt is that I'm seeing a lot of topics saying that this part is located behind the glove box, but I suppose that in our model it's located close to accelerator pedal. I also found a lot of parts for sale on eBay with code 1325972, like this one http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Heater-Motor-Fan-Blower-Resistor-Focus-Fiesta-Mondeo-S-Max-Galaxy-1325972-/281236141450, but I'm not sure If they are the correct one.

May someone with some experience confirm this information for me, please?

Thank-you,

Renato

Looks like the right one, its located by accelerator pedal on lhd models, held in with 2 screws,

Looks like the right one, its located by accelerator pedal on lhd models, held in with 2 screws,

yess... 2 screws! I took this photo from the part (attached), poor quality due to its hard location...

I found this seller in US: http://www.autoltc.com/Autoltc-Blower-Regulator-Fiesta-1325972/dp/B00GU13NYI

It should to be easier for me to buy from US, but I'm still negotiating the shipping method. I'm asking them if they see any problem on sending it to my Shipito account in US, as they have free shipping within US and $200 USD for international shipping. $200 USD as shipping for a $7 USD item is ridiculous.

post-61913-0-40782300-1421421459_thumb.j

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

It was hard to reach the part's location, but once there it worked very well! Images attached...

As it's possible to see, one screw was not there when I removed the defective part. I suppose that the last person who replaced the part lost the other one.

Thank-you,

Renato A. Ferreira

post-61913-0-82546500-1422413651_thumb.j

post-61913-0-95561200-1422413663_thumb.j

post-61913-0-09044500-1422413675_thumb.j

• Like 1

Renato, the small cylindrical component at the top of the resistor is a thermal fuse. If the problem is caused by this blowing it should be a cheap fix to replace it. This might allow you to repair the old one for use as a spare.

Renato, the small cylindrical component at the top of the resistor is a thermal fuse. If the problem is caused by this blowing it should be a cheap fix to replace it. This might allow you to repair the old one for use as a spare.

Yes, you're right... I had watched someone explaining this in a Youtube video, but I was not sure if a soldering technique used for PCB (the only one I have tools and experience for) would be stable under higher temperatures. I tested it before fixing in the car and noted that it gets hot quickly.

Last time we had to change this part we used an used one that worked only a few days, so I bought two new parts this time in case of it happening again.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club