Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Mk7- The best features

ramonford

In starting this new thread I thought it might be a good idea to record what existing owners, as well as prospective owners think are the most outstanding features of this new car. This would provide a record for both potential and existing owners to review and appreciate what the Fiesta has to offer.

It is intended that this should be used only to address what is considered to be the positive aspects of the car.

So I will start the ball rolling so to speak. I am only going to list 2 items which had an influence on my purchase, as I hope other readers will comments with their opinions.

1. The impressive overall aspect of the car. This vehicle stands out as one of the few new cars that have attempted to bring about an eye catching design into mass production at the low end of the price market. Most other "new" cars are only a step on the outgoing one.

2. The overall road manners of the car have to be experienced to be appreciated. This includes steering, braking and NVH.This car represents a major step forward into the small car sector.

This is born out by the fact that FMC are gong to introduce the car into the US market which is a challenging one.

ramonford

This is born out by the fact that FMC are gong to introduce the car into the US market which is a challenging one.

Yes you are rigth about the American market being a difficult one to crack - surprising really when you consider some of the truely horrendous cars that they think are good. Maybe the smaller, more economical cars that can actually go round corners without scrapping their wing mirrors are just not seen as being 'status' enough for them?

I love the fact that there aren't many on the roads. My mate got a (new) Corsa D at the same time I got my Fiesta Mk7 Zetec; there are thousands of new corsas on the road, yet you don't see the new Fiesta that often.

The Ford quality is one of the reasons I chose the Fiesta over the Corsa, though. Plus it is still fun to drive.

I love the fact that there aren't many on the roads. My mate got a (new) Corsa D at the same time I got my Fiesta Mk7 Zetec; there are thousands of new corsas on the road, yet you don't see the new Fiesta that often.

The Ford quality is one of the reasons I chose the Fiesta over the Corsa, though. Plus it is still fun to drive.

Unfortunately, with the Fiesta being the best selling car in the UK again it is only a matter of time before there are thousands of them on our roads - I guess the only thing you can do is try and make yours a little more individual with what you spec it up with (alloys, stripes, colour, etc., etc., etc.)

If were talking about great features, here are my views:

1) the looks are fantastic! Heads turn everywhere i drive, and everyone i know comments on it everytime they see it!

2) The car feels extremely solid on the road and handles brilliantly!

3) The interior looks modern and works well.

4) the voice control and bluetooth connection (for those who have it) is fantastic! Works perfectly everytime!

5) Great smooth power delivery, and good top end acceleration.

6) Fantastic smooth and sharp gear changes!

I could carry on for ages so ill let you guys carry on the list!

The only crtisism i have is that there is no visible exhaust tailpipe and the fact that you have to order the bluetooth/usb connection to get Speakers in the back!

So I will start the ball rolling so to speak. I am only going to list 2 items which had an influence on my purchase, as I hope other readers will comments with their opinions.

1. The impressive overall aspect of the car. This vehicle stands out as one of the few new cars that have attempted to bring about an eye catching design into mass production at the low end of the price market. Most other "new" cars are only a step on the outgoing one.

2. The overall road manners of the car have to be experienced to be appreciated. This includes steering, braking and NVH.This car represents a major step forward into the small car sector.

ramonford

You may be surprised to learn that I agree with you entirely on both these points. :blink:

I was in my local dealer's showroom last December and saw a Zetec S in the showroom. I too was impressed with it straight away as I'd been contemplating buying a Corsa VXR Arctic but both the insurance and road tax were so expensive that I'd been holding off making my decision.

There were 2 reasons why I didn't buy that day--firstly it was a diesel and secondly it was sea grey and I didn't want that colour.

So I toddled off and did my homework--reading loads and loads of reviews and realising that this new Fiesta really was the dog's gonads. After all, it won car of the year award and you don't win that for no reason...... :rolleyes:

The engine that got the most praise was the Ti VCT so I decided pretty much straight away to have that one--choosing the titanium as I felt it offered the best of both worlds when it came to performance and style.

I really wanted the ST but you can't have what's not manufactured can you?

I really wanted the ST but you can't have what's not manufactured can you?

No - but you can do your best to make yours look like on! ;)

Just need to find a nice cheapish way ot up the performance a bit (don't want the loud exhaust off of Mountune which makes their offering a tad expensive)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club