Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mondeo Voice Module Type

Richo

I have an Australian Mondeo 2008 Zetec, and the voice module/bluetooth has stopped working, can I replace it with an English module? the part no's are the same except they have AM on the end not Au as in Australia. Help please.

A is the language (English), M is the version, version needs to be N or later for streaming.

Thank you for that info, the modules are extremely expensive in Autralia, around $900.00 new , am on the lookout for a working used one from a wreckers maybe.

Apologies, that info applies to the USB 8M5T-19C112 module not sure if applies to bluetooth only module, but if replacing I presume you have the 8M5T-19G488-AN or whatever version then I would investigate possibly replacing with the 8M5T-19C112-Ax module which has additionally USB input for memory stick, certainly on the UK models if you have a Sony 6cd hu and converse its a straight plug and play with no reprogramming and gives track info on radio and converse display on UK models.

by the way I have a 8M5T-19G488-AN sitting in my garage after upgrading, but that's in UK,

In UK the USB modules go for about £60-£80 on Fleabay.

Many thanks Alan, I have to remove mine and see what the exact number is, as I have been advised that the model should have AV. But I don't use streaming or USB being an old timer, so the earlier version might be OK. What is a reasonable price for yours, I think the postage to Aus is around $26.00. Regards

Im an old timer myself, but you cant beat the "oldies" when you can hear the songs aswell

The non USB ones seem to fetch about £60 (approx $100 AUD). The USB ones fetch around £80-£100.

If you ask nicely on here and you are in no rush you may find someone who is willing to sell you their non-usb one as lots of people have upgraded to have USB so will have the old one sitting around.

Matt, thanks for the reply, I'm not in a hurry, and a second hand working module would be worth a try. Does the module out of a same year Focus work?.Where do you mount the USB in the later type, and do you have to purchase a cable with USB fitted as well?. Regards

if the number is correct then it should, mine was out of a fiesta and worked fine, the USB lead is a standard usb lead, usb socket A to I think mini usb, It can be left loose in the glovebox, but I encapsualed a RH socket and screwed it inside rh of glovebox but my memory stick only comes out if I want to add any music which is rare because it already holds over 600 tracks.

No idea what car the one in mine is out of - I just looked for the relevant part number.

I didn't want to spend any more than I had to. I had a spare mini usb OTG lead so I used that. It was only a few inches long, so I plugged a USB extension into that. There was a hole in the back of the glovebox so I just fed it through there and I have the USB lead loose in the glovebox. As it is very rare that I ever remove the USB drive (only to update the files) and the fact that it is hidden, I'm more than happy with this setup.

Thanks Matt, having not seen one ,where does the USB plug into on the module ? and is it a mini USB connection?. Is the part no we are talking about 8M5T-19C112-AT?, and does it fit into the same receptor as fitted to the 2008 Mondeo?

when you say its stopped working, I take it you tried unplugging it for 15 minutes, replugged in and tried it again, sometimes that's all needed to work again, worth trying first.

Ford mechanics told me they removed it and left it overnight then tried the next day. Didn't work alas. And they have to order in the new module which they are reluctant to do. If it still doesn't fix the problem, they are stuck with nearly $1000.00 of new part which they are unwilling to do. So we are trying to locate another veh with a working module to try. All a bit much really.

Thanks Matt, having not seen one ,where does the USB plug into on the module ? and is it a mini USB connection?. Is the part no we are talking about 8M5T-19C112-AT?, and does it fit into the same receptor as fitted to the 2008 Mondeo?

There is a mini usb socket on the module itself (I believe some of the older modules had a special connector which required a special lead?) - The unit is held on with a single screw through the middle, it is just above the glove box. It is slightly awkward to get to but certainly not the worst! All the units I have seen are in the same casing with the same mounting point.

That part number looks correct for the upgraded modules - As Alan said above the first two parts of the code are the module, the A is the language (English) and the T is the revision. To have all the features and the mini usb port you want that letter at the end to be 'N' or newer so that one with a T would be fine.

Don't take this as an insult but do you really need it working? I liked the though of the voice control but in reality I very rarely use it, most things can be done easier and quicker in other ways. If you can get a module from the UK shipped over and make use of the fact that you are upgrading to USB then it is probably worth it. Otherwise unless you're having it done under warranty surely it is going to end up hugely expensive for little gain?

Have to agree with Matt, I never use the voice control, you have to use the designated commands and its easier to do it manually, and in my case the main reason for upgrading it was the USB facility which was very worthwhile in my case.

Just to add to matts comments, you do have to remove the glovebox to gain access to the module plus lying on your back thru the door to see it.

attached picture of module insitu showing plug connecter on Right side and if I remember the USB port is adjacent to it.

post-52172-0-04477400-1421585857_thumb.j

Hi guys, thanks for the info, You are probably right about using the voice control , and I occasionally use the phone, if I could get out of it with outlay of around $150.00 I would probably do it. I suppose it would have to be working for resale puposes, as it is a gimicky feature of the car?

Sure I can better that, check your module number, note you will probably notice a USB port on your existing module, this is a maintenance port not a USB port.

Hi Alan, I have to remove the module, and have a good look ,I'm playing in the dark at the moment. What is the head type of the screws holding in the glovebox?

From memory the top two inside bolts are Hex heads and the four front screws are Torx, cant remember the sizes, when you ease out the glovebox you need to disconnect Aux and light switch sockets on rh side and a plug on the LH side which is just a anchor point for a passenger Airbag switch when fitted, take care when disconnecting light switch, mine fell apart and impossible to reassemble so replaced mine with micro switch and led strip inside glovebox. now looks like a theatre auditorium inside.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club