Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

It's Been An Interesting Week..

Ianb

Well well well, as we near the end of the week (for some) I thought to myself "it's been a busy one".. Ignoring the work side.. I'm talking about the driving side..

A) walked across the fuel station and got reversed into by a focus who wasn't 'quite close to the pump'...

B ) got cut up by a BMW... Frankly I wasn't so mad about it because this one had working indicators... Unfortunately I suppose visible mirrors may have been traded for the indicators...

C) Came across a midget L200 - not sure why they did what they did but who am I to argue (offroaders maybe?)

post-30230-142142429409_thumb.jpg

D) got cut up by a corsa.. Who'd a thought, they swiftly signalled an apology...

E) filtering part of the road and some pleb in an Astra wasn't going to let me in, so put my foot down and get ahead of the car in front of him.. Signalled an alternative to an apology to him.

F) some prat in a Chelsea tractor nearly squashed my car into an island because he was unable to stay in his lane...

G) Saw a Vauxhall taxi driver giving his details to a mondeo owner after reversing into his car..

Probably more, but all in all I think I've had enough incidents for the year all in this week... Fortunately no contact anywhere on my car... Just me being clocked by a focus at the petrol station..

Sent via carrier pigeon using Ford OC

See this is where GTA would be better as reality, next time pull out some sticky bombs and have the of them off the road in no time, evade police and repeat tomorrow.

Half the population of the UK could burn in nuclear fire and the other half ( us the cleverer half ) wouldn't even notice they were missing, nation full of complete idiots.

I'm on the hate for taxi drivers lately, the amount I've seen at night driving with no lights on ( and with passengers in the cars ) is unreal.

Road users in this country have no idea how lucky they are gun laws are so strict, if we had the same gun laws as the US there would be murders every minute on UK roads, utter flids everywhere.

• Like 1

Hahah, think James would notice.. He might survive a car journey without a Vauxhall making an impression on his car...

Gta reality would be interesting.. Although I'd just vote for more police brutality... Run a red light or cut someone up and get a damn good hiding and I bet you'd be less inclined to do it again...

Tbh if someone cuts me up and then apologises or something then I don't mind too much, we all make mistakes and they've recognised their mistakes and are doing the right think saying sorry... It's a**e wipes that do it and tell you to sod off or do it and haven't even realised their mistake or the person they've 'wronged' raging in the background... They're the people that irritate the pish out of me!

Actually, think about folding mirrors, the 'manual push button ones' are testament to how often people don't look at their mirrors - how many cars do you see driving round with the mirrors folded because the driver has forgotten to unfold them (and hasn't yet tried to use them to realise they're folded)?

It has certainly been national road numpty week.

I nearly ended up collecting a motorbike as a hood ornament yesterday when some twit decided he preferred my side of the road.

Also had a 'very nice lad' in a white van decide he wanted to drive the wrong way out of a one way access road at my local Asda.

When I pointed this out to him plus his lack of seatbelt and his attention being directed to his phone he threw a cog.

Calling me a f fat c and threatening to kick my f head in didn't endear him to me.

As I pulled into a parking space he flew out of his van intent on having a go.

As I got out of my car and he saw I'm a very big f fat c ;) and I was still in uniform his bravery abandoned him and he offed in the direction of f very rapidly.

I just stood there laughing like a lunatic. Happy days :d

• Like 7

I nearly ended up collecting a motorbike as a hood ornament yesterday when some twit decided he preferred my side of the road.

Also had a 'very nice lad' in a white van decide he wanted to drive the wrong way out of a one way access road at my local Asda.

When I pointed this out to him plus his lack of seatbelt and his attention being directed to his phone he threw a cog.

Calling me a f fat c and threatening to kick my f head in didn't endear him to me.

As I got out of my car and he saw I'm a very big f fat c ;) and I was still in uniform his bravery abandoned him and he offed in the direction of f very rapidly.

I just stood there laughing like a lunatic. Happy days :d

Hahaha, wish I'd seen that... Actually, you reminded me, couple of twits drove at me the wrong way out of somewhere... Aahhhh I know, Derrys cross by where the travel lodge/Reel cinema, it's only a 1 way on that street and they thought rather than going all the way round the roundabout and then up past the multistorey car park, they'd just go the wrong way instead....

I'm not 100% sure if they were just dicks or were lost... Either way the look of embarrassment when they came face to face with an oncoming car (me) was amusing enough!

• Like 1

Welcome to Plymuff Ian :D

Tell me about it... Mind you, we're not close enough to London for the majority of people to stop saying thank you as you drive.. Just the odd !Removed! here and there...

I don't know what it is about drivers around Leeds but I have nothing to add to this thread, in comparison to some of the examples here I don't have anything other than occasional inconsiderate people cutting in front of me. I think most drivers around here are maybe more considerate than elsewhere.

• Like 1

Hahah, think James would notice.. He might survive a car journey without a Vauxhall making an impression on his car...

It might happen one day, although I have learned whilst I am not "Afraid" of vauxhalls, im very much more anxious driving around them! seems the last accident hit me harder than I realised! anyway, so far I havent been hit by one yet, although when number three comes along, I have decided that I will not only leave his accident damage on his vehicle, but consequences aside I will be taking an adjustable wheel wrench and I will be taking it to the "damaged" panels of his vehicle after I have taken all the photos. I shall duly wait for the police and acknowledge this and be taken into custody, but I shall not care. I am sure even the driver would prefer this to my use of the wheel wrench against his person!

I just stood there laughing like a lunatic. Happy days :D

haha Clive, I was anxiously waiting for the part where you showed him your badge, but getting out in uniform is just classic! please tell me some of this was on dashcam!!!

As for this guy, I am surprised you didnt pick him up when you were on duty next as "threatening an officer" (I wouldnt do it off duty either, but I would certainly rock up on duty on his doorstep and see the look on his face!!!

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club