Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2011 Focus 1.6 Revving Up On Its Own In Neutral, Then Loss Of Power.

Garwood999

Hello,

I wonder if anyone can shed any light into my issue....

I have a 2011 1.6 Focus Titanium 125 (petrol) Today after about 3 minutes of driving I stopped at red traffic lights in neutral when the car started revving on its own. It would rev to about 1500 rpm then idle, then back at 1500rpm then idle and it continued but got quicker and quicker in between (but didn't go above 1500rpm ish)

I turned the car off then started it again and it did it again straight away. I then tried to drive it off and it had no power, spluttered, was totally sluggish but I managed to get it top a safe place to stop.

I left the car off for about 4 mins, started it again and it was fine! drove off, no problems! The car only has 33,000 miles on the clock, it has been looked after but this boggles me.... Also during the whole episode, NO warning lights on the dash came on

Does anyone have a clue? I was thinking maybe a bad sensor or something? I am practically minded but im no mechanic!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club