Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mondeo Titanium Water Leak In Boot And Rear Footwell

realdal

has anyone solved this problem i purchased my mondeo 2010 titanium x in november a few days ago noticed near side rear passenger carpet saturated and boot at rear wet on same side dont know how long been like that scooped out water drove in wet conditions for a couple of ours as bad as before pulled up rear seat could see water had got here too had a look on you tube an owner had video of same problem seemingly a gromet had worked loose but he didnt say where its located or how to find it does anyone an idea where to look

I would suggest you strip the boot back and have a look, its possible the grommet is under the carpet / right hand side above the exhaust area.

hi jeebo thanks for taking time to read my posting and info but think i may have found source of water i noticed water stain on interior trim below nozle for rear window on tailgate on pressing window wash got water on windscreen but nothing on rear window i took trim of again can see water stain on back of trim it looks like washer pipe feed is either leeking or come loose from nozle and water is running down inside of trim into boot when window washer is used but weather up hear is awful at moment hope to get to it in next day or two will keep you posted thanks again

Good find good luck with the fix

update got a freind to operate rear washer so i could see where leak was coming from there is a tube its only a few inches long that bends from main tube feed to nozle it had a split a bit of luck as this is easy to disconnect i went to local salvage yard got it for free doubt ford would supply it on its own took a hair drier to warm it up slid on no problem can only assume that the water operates under high pressure and because its a bend makes it a weak point , took out boot carpet which was saturated left it on its side standing up against my garage wall large puddle on garage floor in morning cheekily went to sainsburys garage used there vacume to get rid of water in footwell as boot carpet fits down behind bottom of rear seats water was running from it under back seats soaking carpet since then went for car wash driven in wet weather no more misty windows

• Like 1

• 4 years later...

Alright people just wondering if anyone can give me advice on 58 plate 2.2 tdci titanium x 175 bhp noticed both front and back foot wells passenger side are saturated . Any suggestions where would be the first place to start looking thanks 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club