Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Poorly Fieata :(

Abbie1994

My fiesta percy :) 07 1.25 fan isn't coming on Which is causing it to over heat :( I had a induction kit on it which somehow dropped and jammed to fan :( I have put a new fan on and have recently had a new alternator and water pump fitted and thermostat and have bled the radiatior but the fan still isn't coming on , I also noticed the coolant water is dropping so I have refilled this to the max line . Has any one got any idea as to what it could be before I give up with it :(

Did you twist the thermostat wire correctly back in place or did you take out the sensor by removing the clip?

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Could've blown fan fuse if it got jammed.

Well I suggest you try and refit the fan and see if it's the case

All the fuses have been checked I have been told to change the heat sencor or somthing but being a girl I haven't got a clue what to do with out spending money taking it to a garage which I haven't got at the moment

I wouldn't have thought you would need the fan at the moment, or any you not in the UK?

Your coolant level is dropping noticeably? Over what time period?

Is there a easy way to see if it's broken or will I have to get it taken out to check it

Yes you can start by first bypassing the thermostat and check to see if the fan works. You do this by connecting current to the fan

If that works then it's definitely the thermostat

I am wanting to sell the car so wanted to Try and fix it

I topped to coolant up about a month a go as it had gone down the the min line

At these temperatures though I wouldn't have thought the car should get to the point where it needs the fan if the water pump is working.

Does the car just start reading a high temp on the gauge or does it literally overheat and blow water everywhere? After what kind of driving?

If it's overheating in this weather, regardless of whether the fan works or not, I would say something else is wrong also, as it should keep at the right temp just by circulating water

In the uk I wouldn't suggest that you need a fan but the engine does get very hot and the radiator is there for that specific reason.

So in my opinion change the thermostat and check for any leakages from the coolant when it's parked. And don't forget that even with the circulation itself the coolant gets warmer, let alone with the heat emitting from the engine.

I want to get the car fixed before the weather turns warmer as I sit in traffic a lot the car will sit at the half way line for about 20 mins before the water starts to boil over . The thermorstat was changed about three months ago but after changing it the coolant still boiled and the car was going up to 100c on the temp gauge , the water pump then started making a noise so I had a new one fitted

I can't get my head around this.

So you're saying that you've got

A new fan

A new thermostat

A new water pumped

And replaced the coolant

Am I right?

And the only thing wrong is the fan not working and the car overheating (because the fans not working) ?

Yeah , I want to no how to fix this before the summer as I sit in traffic a lot and use the car for work

I'm really confused to be honest. I would like to help but I don't want to confuse you.

I was told by my machanic I would need a auto electrision , someone else told me to change the heat sensor but I don't want to go spending money which I haven't got and it doesn't fit it , just want to sort it before the summer comes and I have no car also if I sell it I don't want to see someone a broken car

Sell it in the winter, they won't find out it's broke til summer

Would still like it fixed just incase I can't sell it , also Where can I find the bolts to tighten up the drivers door as it has dropped and has a gap at the top , sorry for all the questions

Poor Percy doesn't sound well at all! I'd ask at a Ford parts desk

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club