#1 appytizer

appytizer

• Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Name: phil
  • Ford Model: focus1.6 tdci climate
  • Year: 2007

Posted 22 July 2009 - 06:35 PM

Hi, Im about to replace the steering rack on my focus which means the front subframe has to come off. What I need to know is, is it necessary to have the alignment pins to refit the subframe or will marking the position before removal suffice. How critical is it .
cheers

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 gaz6076

gaz6076

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
  • Ford Model: Mk5 Fiesta

Posted 24 July 2009 - 02:44 PM

Ive never used alignment pins, nor seen anyone else use them when lowering/removing subframes.

Ive always used the marks left by the subframe itself. Using the pins is the proper way to do it but Ive never found it necessary

#3 Bobalob

Bobalob

• Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta
Posted 25 July 2009 - 07:08 AM

Hi, Im about to replace the steering rack on my focus which means the front subframe has to come off. What I need to know is, is it necessary to have the alignment pins to refit the subframe or will marking the position before removal suffice. How critical is it .
cheers

I never use pins to re install a subframe, and as you're changing the rack you'll need to check the wheel alignment when you've done anyway.

#4 appytizer

appytizer

• Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Name: phil
  • Ford Model: focus1.6 tdci climate
  • Year: 2007

Posted 25 July 2009 - 09:34 PM

Cheers for your reply guys. Ive done the rack replacement, marked it all up first, just need to get it tracked now. Ive put new suspension arms on the front and replaced all the arms, 3 each side, on the rear so I need to find a place that will do 4 wheel alignment. Its just difficult finding somewhere that can be trusted or are even competant of doing a proper job. Im in the Crewe area if anyone can recommend anywhere.

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users