Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My Boot Won't Open!

Stephjane91

Hello everyone,

I'm a new here and my street KA is my first car too which I love, but my boot won't open at all.

I had the battery changed in the key fob the other day as we suspected that was the issue but it isn't. We've tried the release inside the car too in which you put the key in and that won't even open it. I have read on that apparently this is a common fault on street KAs but I'm wondering if anyone could tell me a way of maybe trying to get into the boot?!

The car is going in for work on Wednesday but I'm wanting to try and get it open as I'm fearing that the only way for it to opened is to be broken into. We can't even see what the issue is as we can't open it. If we could then maybe it could be resolved!

Thanks in advance

Stephanie

Could try getting someone to push down and pull up on the boot as you turn the key, find ours sometimes won't release first time using the remote but this solves it and saves going into the car to unlock it manually. Just a thought worth trying?

Thanks for the reply. The garage had to break into it in the end and have discovered that I need a new solenoid. It's annoying as the part is main dealer only and is costing me £55!!!! I did some research and apparently this is a very common problem on streetKAs so at least once it's sorted I shouldn't have any more issues!

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club