Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Turbo

Jonah11

Hi guys. Im after some info if anybody could help me ????

so i need to replace the turbo on my car but the bank cant afford brand new. can i buy a turbo and electronic actuator from 2 different places but put them together or do i need to purchase them as 1 unit. thanks

your better off just buying a reconditioned unit, or take your chances on a breakers unit, as most of these come with a 90 day warranty.

If you intend keeping the car,bite the bullet and buy a new one.Replaced mine last year on my Focuc MK1 really pleased with the way it s running.

I really wish I could afford a brand new one. £650. I've found one from a breaker going to pick it up at the weekend. Turbo and actuator £120

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

No mention of warranty but should I be getting one?

In a word YES One of the conditions is you will probably have to change the oil,do it anyway.

You should be given some sort of a warranty with it, so I would ask if they will do a 90 day, unless they give you paperwork saying sold as seen, even then I think you still have some rights...

Yeah il mention it. Can't see it being a problem the guy seems spot on. Thanks guys for the advice. I'm going to be fitting it myself. Would you have any tips. Or will it be difficult. :-/

I think difficult is a fair comment to make

So it's probs going to be an absolute ball ache for an amateur then. Lol :-D

I would say this:

Try fix it yourself, if it fails - get a mobile mechanic to come fit the new one for you!

The worst you can do is not put it together yourself, but if you have already stripped the thing, it saves on labour :D

Thanks James I suppose your right. I know a few lads that would do it cheaper than a mobile mechanic/garage but still could do without the costs. I will give it a go at the weekend and hope for the best. Ha ha :-)

• Like 1

Are you sure that your actuator is malfunctioning?

If that is the case, you can buy any other actuator (= P&P)

If you need another turbo and your actuator is in good condition, you can still use it.

Yes but not sure wether it's a problem also with the turbo that has cause it to stop working. I'm at the end of my tether with this car I tell you. Too many mechanics/garages telling me different things mate. So I think if I just change them both for a full unit that is working then problem solved :-/ :-/ ( I HOPE )

Do me a favor and get the turbo hose (hose filter box -> turbo) from the turbocharger. Now you see vanes.If you can spin them around, your turbo = ok and the actuator is probably dead.

In the other case, other charger and actuator = ok (99%)

Now, it is your car, I have nothing to say about it, but it is not necessary to buy both items, but , if you wonna feel "safe", it is the best option....

In the other case:

http://allegro.pl/sterownik-turbiny-ford-mondeo-mk3-2-0-tdci-mercede-i5002050329.html

http://allegro.pl/ford-mondeo-mk3-2-0-tdci-130ps-05r-turbosprezarka-i4955063691.html

http://allegro.pl/ford-mondeo-mk3-2-0-tdci-130ps-turbosprezarka-i4953476754.html

http://allegro.pl/turbosprezarka-mondeo-mk3-2-0-tdci-4s7q-6k682-el-i4993828713.html

the last one is my favorite :)

and many others

What language is that in. Lol. And what prices are they in sterling (uk) lol :-)

It's a Polish website, similar to eBay, prices in Zloty

1 Zloty = 0.178155 £ (currently)

Prices ex shipment

I would say, give it a try

I would try it but how am I supposed to try it when I don't understand what anything says. Lol :-/

Let Google(chrome) translate do the job for you, that's how I do it ;)

And some of the sellers, they do understand English.

Mostly, If I need something, I send an email in Polish, German and English, saying I want that particular part, and you ask for a 'total' price, including shipping

And than....I await.....

Cool. Thanks Thierry. I will give that a try :-)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club