Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Elm327/forscan

sonic113

Thanks fellas. Could not of done it with out your help Darren. Thanks also to jbeer for the DDS part. I will try to get it going tomorrow if I get a chance.

So do you have to set your actual tyre pressures first before resetting it in the menus?

Also does eco mode reset with the average fuel reset option?

Thanks again they all add some nice features to the car. Is there any way to set the over speed limit to a speed of your own choice I think it's set at 112kmph which is roughly around 75mph I think.

I guess this is for motorway driving to warn if over the limit or something.

• Like 1

You are more than welcome.

For the DDS, yes put the necessary psi in your tyres then reset the tyre pressure option on the dash…don't forget to reset it each time you add:move air from the tyres as this will reset the learning values.

EXO mode will not reset if you are just resetting the average mpg value but will reset if you do a full reset via the main menu on the dash of average fuel, miles etc....

No idea for the speed one as never tried it or want to…could not bear the car bleeping each time I went over x mph

You are more than welcome.

For the DDS, yes put the necessary psi in your tyres then reset the tyre pressure option on the dashdon't forget to reset it each time you add:move air from the tyres as this will reset the learning values.

EXO mode will not reset if you are just resetting the average mpg value but will reset if you do a full reset via the main menu on the dash of average fuel, miles etc....

No idea for the speed one as never tried it or want tocould not bear the car bleeping each time I went over x mph

Thanks jbeer

I will give the DDS a try tomorrow. Is there a way to test it to make sure its works?

I was thinking of setting psi in tyres then set the DDS on cluster to learn new values and then let some air out of one tyre to see if the DDS picks up on the low pressure loss? I presume this system uses the abs sensors in some way to notice the wheel a bit lower than the set value. (Just thinking aloud here! Lol!)

Yes it does work off the ABS system by monitoring each wheels rotation speed to the other wheels and therefore if one wheel is rotating quicker than the others it flags it up on the dash.

To check you will need to set everything drive with all tyres inflated so that the system learns the set values then let one of the tyres down so that it is at least 15psi lower than the others this should then trigger a DDS message.

no worries mate, here to help!

I was kind of curious myself how DDS system reports it to the driver, last thing I was wanting was a fog horn going off and the dash lighting up like a xmas tree whilst driving about. As Jason suggested above, just let the air out a bit then let us know ;)

I do wonder why ford didn't enable this anyway, I wonder if they detected some issues after it was created and decided to just scrap it.

• Like 1

The reason that they don't enable it is because they sell it as an optional extra costing £75 yet it is only 2 tick boxes via ELM.

ah, that was nice of them! lol

i wonder what other easter eggs there are hidden away to enable

I also have the following:

Enabled all menu options in cluster whilst driving, Auto Lock doors at 5mph, Auto Heated screens switch on at 5 degrees, Deadlock car on one press of remote

Thanks fellas.

It will be late on tonight when I get back to try this out but I will report results when I do.

Ford should of included it as standard but I guess any way they can make an extra few pounds they will lol!

My car i think auto turns on the heated Windows front and bck when it 5 degree or below handy features especially when you get in and start it up on a frosty morning. I must try out the auto lock at 5mph and other features when I get round to it.

At the moment I'm making small notes of what is what in elm kind of a self guide to help me remember what options do what but so far great kit to haveat home for Ford owners. Thanks to Darren and jbeer for the help and as I said I will report back when i get a chance to test the dds out.

• Like 1

Ok guys I updated the dds like jbeer said and all came up on the cluster about setting pressure.

So I set all psi 30 front 33 back and set the values using the stalk . Took car for a drive roughly 3 mile then let rear driver said tyre down down from 33 to 20 and drive a few hundred yards and got no dds msg.

So let it down another bit from 20 to 12 and drove the 2 mile (apx) home and still no dds warning .

I'm thinking maybe I did not do a long enough drive to start with for it to learn the values but not sure. Any ideas?

Glad you got the DDS up, as I said before you need to let the system learn your values which could take up to 10-20 miles from memory. I would suggest resetting your osi levels and reset via the cluster then after a few days of driving try it again by taking a tyre down to say 12psi and the warning message should come up

Glad you got the DDS up, as I said before you need to let the system learn your values which could take up to 10-20 miles from memory. I would suggest resetting your osi levels and reset via the cluster then after a few days of driving try it again by taking a tyre down to say 12psi and the warning message should come up

Thanks jbeer I will drive a while and try again. I will keeppost updated.

Thanks again

• Like 1

just an update here fella. I got my DDS to flag a message today. I added tyre pressures and reset the Tyre pressure via the stalk then drove about 25 mile and let out around 10psi then within 2 mile the message flagged up to say check Tyres.

I included some screen shots below.

Image 1

IMAG0551

Image 2

IMAG0552

great job and thanks for the help Jbeer and Darren. :)
I just noticed one thing since the HEC update today I got low on fuel and the fuel light and beep came on I think around 60 miles left instead of the usual 50 miles left. Before the update It used to come on at 50 the 25 then I think 12 or 15 but I just noticed it today so I have filled the car up and will run it low to see double check when the light comes on but it was around 60 I think. Has any one else noticed this and is it anything to worry about?
Im hoping it may fix itself but wont know until I run car low again.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club