Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Focus Rs Mk3 Teaser Video

MRC89

Video credit: fordeurope (youtube)

Suprised this hasn't been posted here yet, unless it's somewhere obscure?

Anyway, time to get excited!

I hope its AWD and a monster.

there's a thread on the ST owners forum and one of the admin staff has been invited to its preview!

The drifting around in the video is characteristic of AWD. And we know that they couldn't put much more than 300bhp through the front wheels. So I'd predict AWD, 300-325bhp from the 2l ecoboost, a crazy bodykit, some vibrant colours, and hoping they'll do a 3 door version. Also hoping that it'll be as hardcore as the mk2, and not just a tuned up ST

time will tell i suppose we can all hope it comes under £30.000

The drifting around in the video is characteristic of AWD. And we know that they couldn't put much more than 300bhp through the front wheels. So I'd predict AWD, 300-325bhp from the 2l ecoboost, a crazy bodykit, some vibrant colours, and hoping they'll do a 3 door version. Also hoping that it'll be as hardcore as the mk2, and not just a tuned up ST

Ford are saying it'll be FWD from what I've read - my thoughts are that AWD would add cost & weight that wouldn't work out for Ford wanting to make money on it. Also supposed to be getting a higher power version of the 2.3L which is going into the Mustang.

And sadly there's no chance of it being a 3-dr, the costs of doing that would be horrendous looking at the numbers Ford are expecting to shift - they will be trying to maintain as much commonality as possible with the base models while also doing some hefty visual mods to make it stand out from the ST.

I can't imagine it's AWD, the RS500 was putting out 350bhp through the front,

You're looking at £30k for a FWD RS, so an AWD RS will be a unique system at around £50k, putting it into GT-R territory,

a few select slidey clips in the damp might look AWD but it was cocking it's rear wheel too.

I hope it comes with the Mustang 2.3L engine just to separate it more from the ST,

but they did push the 225bhp 2.5L ST engine to 350bhp on the RS500.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I prefer the mk2 focus rs to be honest, mate got one the now at 350bhp, one before that was 4 something, rest of his cossies are to die for lol, new cars just don't get the looks no more

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

• Like 1

I'm hoping 350bhp as a minimum, that way it can take on the Merc and Audi offerings.

Would have looked better as a 3 door.

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club